Summary: The Safe Horizon DV Shelter Program provides safe and confidential spaces for DV Survivors and their children. We are committed to providing these services with empathy, compassion, professionalism, non-judgement, and respect. Our spaces respect survivors’ right to self-determination and focus on giving families and individuals the space, both emotional and physical, to heal from the victimization and trauma they have experienced.
Learn and integrate a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, using an anti-oppressive lens, into your work with clients. Coach and guide staff in their client practice that reflects these approaches.
• Using neutral and non-judgmental language when responding to the needs and requests of residents and ensuring that Residential Specialist are meeting this expectation;
• Provide crisis intervention including mediation and de-escalation skills to diffuse situations between resident’s family members and/or roommates;
• Monitoring intake calls to assure staff are exploring and implementing immediate safety needs and a risk management plan during screening calls for shelter placement;
• Mediating disputes and addressing grievances from a trauma informed perspective;
• Assist the Director in the day to day operations of the program by ensuring the facility is meeting coverage and facility safety regulatory standards.
• Efficient oversight of the unit vacancy, billing documentation and client intake process; including attendance, client signatures and absence notifications.
• Ensuring that regular health and safety checks (rounds) and unit inspections occur as required. happen from a trauma informed perspective;
• Provide staff with bi-weekly individual and monthly group supervision that is reflective and prioritizes improvement of CCP skills and includes discussions about vicarious trauma;
• Responsible for recruiting, supervising and managing performance of residential specialists, which include disciplinary actions as needed. understanding and responding to vicarious trauma with a focus on self-care (both for self and for staff members);
• Completing annual staff performance evaluations; developing staff professional development Secondary Job Functions:
• High school equivalency or high school diploma plus three years of relevant training and experience in human services or related field
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Summary: The Safe Horizon DV Shelter Program provides safe and confidential spaces for DV Survivors and their children. We are committed to providing these services with empathy, compassion, professionalism, non-judgement, and respect…
4 Weeks Vacation
12 Sick Days
4 Weeks Vacation
12 Sick Days