135 Atlantic Street
POSITION DESCRIPTION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Future 5, based in Stamford, CT, is seeking an Executive Director with a passion for youth development and a track record of innovative planning and organizational management to join a creative and highly mission-driven team at a key moment in the organization’s development. The ideal candidate should be an expert in managing and growing mission driven, community-based organizations with expertise in change management and should have a successful history of creating financially sustainable business models.
This position presents an exciting opportunity for a seasoned and collaborative leader who possesses a passion and vision for the future of Stamford’s youth. The ideal candidate should have experience working with low-income youth and a successful history of fundraising and building community-based partnerships and collaborations.
Leadership & Management
· Ensure ongoing, rigorous program evaluation and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
· Collaborate with the Board of Directors in developing annual and strategic plans to guide the organization. Develop, maintain and support a strong Board, including a vibrant, engaged committee structure. Actively cultivate constituents, partnering organizations and donors.
· Lead, coach, develop and retain Future 5’s full and part-time staff.
Human Resources & Management
· Oversee the implementation of human resources policies & procedures, including the development of clear job descriptions and performance evaluations for all staff.
· Establish a positive, healthy, collaborative and safe work environment.
· Recruit, interview and select staff with the proper skill sets and attributes to help further the organization's mission.
Membership & Programs
· Work with the Director of Students and staff to ensure that Future 5 maintains an innovative membership experience and dynamic programs and workshops that demonstrate measurable results.
· Ensure effective systems are in place to track progress and program outcomes so as to measure achievements that can be effectively communicated to the Board, donors, and other constituents.
· Establish and maintain clear protocols for the effective sourcing, oversight and management of Future 5 volunteers, including well defined roles and expectations.
Fundraising & Development
· With the Director of Development and the Board’s Development Committee, ensure that the organization secures the necessary resources to meet its goals and objectives according to the annual fundraising plan.
Community Relations & Communications
· Establish a strong community presence that leverages the credibility of Future 5’s relationship with the Stamford community, and promote the achievements and potential of the organization to the educational community, political leaders and employers.
· Act as the organization’s key point of contact in the greater Stamford community while encouraging and supporting Future 5’s Board, staff, and stakeholders to build the organization’s presence and reputation through a variety of media and public engagement opportunities.
· Lead planning, with staff and Board, of all communications, marketing and public relations.
· Execute effective fiscal policies and procedures and operate Future 5 in a transparent and financially responsible fashion. This includes timely budgeting, financial reporting, audits, and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
· Develop annual budgets for Board approval in collaboration with the Board’s Finance Committee.
· Ideal candidate will have over five years of senior-level management leadership in a non-profit and/or community-based organization, including direct supervision of at least 5 to 10 staff members and an operating budget of at least $1 million.
· Successful track record leading organizational change, developing programs and building strong teams.
· Experience playing multiple roles simultaneously with a willingness to engage and assist staff members at all levels.
· Experience recruiting, developing and engaging with a high-level, engaged Board and major donors.
· Knowledge of Stamford, CT or similar type community a plus.
· Familiarity with Future 5’s constituency and their challenges and needs.
· Experience developing a strong community presence with an ability to speak to a variety of diverse constituents and stakeholders, donors and funders.
Revenue, Fundraising and Development
· Record of successful fundraising development with demonstrated growth and a history of building strong donor relationships.
· Experience identifying, securing, and managing government and foundation grants and contracts, as well as corporate sponsor partnerships.
· Experience in program management and expansion within a community collaborative organization that fosters and supports collective action initiatives.
· Experience building community recognition and reputation for an organization through designing and implementing effective communications and marketing strategies.
· Strong financial acumen and experience managing tight budgets.
· Proficiency in all components of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Proficiency in CRM for nonprofits.
· BA/BS is required, advanced degree preferred.
Compensation: The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including benefits.
Application Instructions: Applicants should reply with a resume and cover letter that references their experience in relation to the qualifications listed in the position description. No phone inquiries will be accepted; all inquiries and resumes should be submitted via email to email@example.com
Minimum Education Required