250 South Marion Street
Coordinates accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll processing, and support of the business office functions. It provides segregation of duties within the Business Office.
1. Processes invoices for payment. Audits check requests and purchase orders for completeness and makes corrections as necessary.
2. Inputs vendor and expense distribution data in the accounts payable system.
3. Coordinates accounts payable check runs upon approval. Files appropriate documentation and maintains accounts payable files.
4. Voids checks and credits appropriate accounts as needed.
5. Works with vendors and staff to resolve invoice discrepancies. Reviews vendor statements for past due invoices and works with vendors and the accounting manager to keep accounts current.
6. Maintains W-9 information for all vendors and prepares annual 1099 forms for IRS.
7. Maintains responsive and cooperative relationships with vendors, constituents, and employees regarding accounts payable/accounts receivable/payroll matters.
8. Maintains and follows Account Payables policies and procedures.
9. Processes returned checks and drafts in the accounting system.
10. Works with HR manager to update payroll records.
11. Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
12. Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
13. Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
14. Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
15. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
16. Receives grants and income and prepares the deposit and cash report.
17. Reconciles the daily cash deposit to the accounting system.
18. Processes office petty cash and replenishes account as needed.
19. Assists with month end and year end closings.
20. Completes a variety of accounting, financial analysis, and budget projects.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
Required skills and requisites:
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred plus at least one year accounting experience (or equivalent).
2. Knowledge of general ledger and accounting functions.
3. Knowledge of and expertise with computerized accounting and payroll systems and sound working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing.
4. Excellent problem-solving skills.
5. Must be highly organized and have the ability to work with confidential matters.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Minimum Education Required