The Specialist, Sales & Partnerships (SSP) is responsible for the administration, fulfillment, and operations for NECA exhibits and sponsorships programs. This role will collaborate with staff from multiple departments and will often have a fluid workload and set of responsibilities. The SSP will have contact with service contractors, vendors and other entities providing support for exhibit, events and sponsor levels.
REQUISITE EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- This role ensures that practices are customer-centric and focused on developing and enhancing the member experience while adhering to established policies.
- At least three years’ experience in tradeshow management and sponsorships.
- The SSP must be able to analyze complex situations, often on the fly and sometimes after hours.
- Ability to function both independently and a team-oriented collaborative environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of setting priorities when multiple demands are present.
- Knowledge of hotels, conventions and / or associations are a plus; stays current with industry trends, regulations and technology
- Ability to lift forty pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required; must have exceptional skills in editing documents, memo’s and spreadsheets; experience using MS Teams is desired.
- Some travel and public speaking may be required. General office work environment.
- NECA offers a generous benefits package including paid employee health, dental & vision insurance and 401k contribution.
- Responsible for support for the NECA Show and sponsorships
- Works with team to clearly understand exhibitor needs; tracks and keeps detailed records on customized sponsorship and proposal packages.
- Fulfills and supports exhibit & sponsorship operations.
- Assists with budget updates.
- Learns, understands and follows IAEE guidelines.
- Orders advanced supplies and services required to fulfill sponsor offerings,
- Ensures all exhibit and sponsor contracts and invoices are complete and paid in full prior to each event.
- Coordinates with Communications team to create and distribute surveys to exhibitors and sponsors after each show.
- Shares insights, observations and best practices for improvement with others.
- Coordination and updating files for Premier Partners, Ambassador and Affiliate tiers.
- Tracks industry network partners and updates profiles
- Responsible for event website development, management and maintenance; filters questions and calls that come in from the different tiers.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. Job duties may change over time based on organizational/department needs. NECA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NECA is the voice of the $170 billion electrical construction industry that brings power, light, and communication technology to buildings and communities across the U.S. NECA contractors help customers achieve their goals for energy conservation, efficiency and renewable power. NECA’s national office and 119 local chapters advance the industry through advocacy, education, research and standards development.
For more information, visit www.necanet.org