Details: • Compensation is commensurate with the role that this position represents for the theatre and your experience.
350 Twin Dolphin Drive
The Assistant Director of Development fulfills a vital position at TheatreWorks, focusing entirely upon building and sustaining relationships. Primarily, the AD manages an institutional portfolio of 75 philanthropic partners and oversees the annual institutional campaign (writing grants, partnering with grant contractors and colleagues, and ensuring necessary reports/stewardship). In addition, the AD manages 50 strategic individual relationships, growing their philanthropic investments as a result of personalized cultivation. Managing the diversity of donors that comprise the Assistant Director’s portfolio requires great attention to detail, expert solicitation management, impeccable cross-departmental management skills, and innovative donor engagement. Ultimately, the Assistant Director impacts success via their ability to build, grow and sustain relationships, employ expert writing and editing skills, and provide insightful, strategic frameworks for the successful management of the Institutional campaign.
· Consistently embody the mission and values of TheatreWorks, inspiring colleagues and community members alike to grow in their passion for the impact of TheatreWorks throughout the Bay and nation.
· Successfully manage the Institutional campaign ($550,000 annually):set goals, manage annual solicitation schedule, partner with stakeholders, write grants, support events, and ensure stewardship.
· Manage a portfolio of 125 strategic donor relationships, inclusive of institutional and individual donors.
· Create a comprehensive annual and multi-year strategic plan, utilizing data-driven suggestions for success built upon company, industry, and national trends.
· Provide exceptional service to donors who, with the help of the Stewardship Manager, receive access to unique partnership benefits.
· Maintain excellent relationships with key colleagues: Director of Development, Associate Director of Development, Managing Director, Artistic Director, and programmatic directors.
· Utilize company database (Tessitura) to accurately and efficiently update relevant donor records, including meaningful engagement information and strategic engagement plans.
· Support compelling, mission-driven donor events that grow relationships with current and new donors.
· Build and leverage relationships with board members, volunteers, and influential community members
· Demonstrated passion for TheatreWorks’ mission and the role of performing arts in society
· 2 years nonprofit development experience, with a strong focus on successful grant writing and institutional management
· Experience serving and soliciting individual donors who contribute up to $1,500 annually
· Success driving complex projects requiring diligent writing, attention to detail, and collaboration
· History of inspiring others (internal and external) via direct and indirect leadership
· Ability to adopt a flexible working schedule that will include nights and/or weekends
· Demonstrated initiative with the ability to present ideas and solutions to overcome challenges
· Ability to maintain a positive, can-do-attitude with colleagues and bay area theatre community members
· Desire to grow professionally with a commitment to increased efficacy as a development professional
· Preferred knowledge of Silicon Valley and associated organizations, businesses, and individuals
· Willingness to leverage and expertly utilize Tessitura database
· Ability to provide clear tasks for colleagues while tracking timelines and outcomes
Employee benefits include health insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, floating holidays, and a retirement plan. In addition, all employees receive complimentary tickets to all TheatreWorks' productions along with reciprocity at numerous theaters across the Bay Area. This position may also benefit from remote and/or flexible working schedules.
Minimum Education Required