Details: Salary is based on experience.
41 West Street
The Communications & Advocacy Manager will establish and maintain messaging of MassVOTE’s short-and long-term goals of voter engagement and voting rights issue-based advocacy. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multi-issue environment with overlapping short-term and long-term deadlines; attention to detail; strong writing, interpersonal and organizational skills. Interest in community advocacy and legislative affairs are necessary.
70% of the job is communications and 30% outreach and advocacy
- Develop communications strategies and timelines.
- Manage and grow MassVOTE’s online advocacy and supporter list, social media audience and website presence.
- Create opportunities and narratives to highlight Mass VOTE’s accomplishments
- Drafting press releases, fact sheets/talking points, and maintaining relationships with media
- Interacting and communicating with partner organizations and stakeholders on MassVOTE’s advocacy agenda.
- Help maintain relationships with elected officials, election stakeholders, and community partners to further promote the goals of MassVOTE.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, as well as organizational skills and the ability to follow up and meet deadlines.
- Experience using different media channels to deliver program and marketing content
- Ability to communicate professionally and diplomatically.
- Transferable knowledge and experience from working with diverse communities, youth, new citizens, nonprofits, and familiarity with voting and elections.
- Technical skills: Microsoft Word, Google Drive, Action Network or similar online organizing database and platform, basic web and graphic design.
- College degree in Political Science, Government, Communications, or a related field.
Health care and standard benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply, Submit:
- Cover letter - no more than 3-4 paragraphs. In cover letter or email give one example of an activity you’ve done or interest you have related to voting and voting rights
- Send to Cheryl Clyburn Crawford at email@example.com. Use subject line: Communications & Advocacy Manager