Manager, Mental Health Services (Clinical Social Worker)
- Job posted by Spence-Chapin Services to Families and Children
Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
410 East 92nd Street
Reports to: Director, Mental Health Services
Department: Modern Family Center
The ideal candidate is someone who can provide ongoing counseling for clients, can engage and educate groups and take initiative on wider organizational projects that advance services for our pre- and post-adoption clients. Spanish language skill is a must for our international and domestic work.
Since its founding in 1908, Spence-Chapin Services to Families and Children (SC) has helped more than 25,000 children find their forever families – including those with the least likelihood for achieving permanency: older children, sibling groups, and children with special needs – and has adapted to the changing needs of our community by expanding the breadth of our mental and emotional health programs.
The Modern Family Center (MFC) provides counseling, community programming and pre/post-adoption support services to individuals and families, in adoption and trauma work. This role offers a dynamic opportunity to bring Spence-Chapin’s mission to the community of adoptees, adoptive parents and birth parents. As a counselor in MFC, the candidate will be responsible for monitoring a caseload of 10-15 clients, supporting ongoing foster care trainings and collaborating with program staff to create and support our adoptive community.
Key Performance Indicators
- Provide ongoing counseling services and monitoring for a caseload of 10 -15 clients
- As a member of the clinical team participate in team consultation and clinical supervision
- Close ongoing collaboration when needed with adoption program staff
- Provide clinical services in a range of modalities to the adoption constellation; both private and foster care clients
- Complete progress notes and other written documentation in accordance with agency protocol or contractual agreements
- Work with Director to ensure appropriate protocols and interventions
- Represent Spence-Chapin when necessary at conferences, community events and with partners
- Facilitate community events and support groups
- Create and facilitate programming, workshops, trainings and presentations
- Professional development (internally and externally)
- Parenting workshops
- Family events
- Foster care trainings
- Conferences and expos
- Outreach, relationship building, and service development
- Provide additional assistance within and outside of counseling areas, as requested and/or as appropriate, to ensure the ongoing success of counseling services at the organization
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Licenses: LCSW, or related field (psychology, mental health, etc) required
- Must be bilingual-English/Spanish
- Familiar with evidence based practice models of treatment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in child welfare
- Strong interpersonal skills and charismatic presentation style
- Experience presenting and providing trainings to parents and/or staff
- Maintain excellent communication with all partner agencies
- MS Office –Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of completing case notes in a database environment
- Strong clinical assessment skills
- Strong management skills, including robust organization, and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong clinical thinking skills, including self-reflection, ability to receive and incorporate feedback, and identify transference and counter-transference issues in client work
- Ability to multitask; strong execution skills; thorough follow through, and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with various departments, which supports both individual and cooperative work
- Ability to work independently at satellite office locations
Spence-Chapin offers a great benefits package including health, pension, paid holidays, commuter benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter with salary requirement and resume to the email address listed.