College Success Manager
160 State Street
The mission of SCS Noonan Scholars is for high-achieving, low-income, underrepresented students to get into and graduate from top colleges equipped to reach their full career potential.
Through a two-part, six-year-long program, SCS Noonan Scholars provides students with college counseling and intensive academic preparation before college and a comprehensive set of academic, personal, social-emotional, financial, and career supports throughout college. This continuum of support directly addresses the unique barriers they face in entering and succeeding at selective colleges and in competitive careers.
SCS Noonan Scholars seeks a dynamic and experienced College Success Manager to provide tailored support to our college Scholars so they graduate from college with strong grades in the majors of their choice. The College Success Manager will support a caseload comprised primarily of students who are in their first year in college, along with a smaller contingency of students in their second year and beyond who are experiencing specific challenges and require additional support.
Over the summer, the College Success Manager will support students at our Summer Academies in LA and Amherst College. This will include some travel and potentially for 3 to 4 weeks of work in LA or Amherst. During the year, there may be limited travel to college campuses of students in the CSM’s caseload.
The College Success Manager will work closely with the Senior College Success Manager in the L.A. office and report to the Chief Program Officer in the Boston office. For a candidate with substantial experience providing college success support, we may consider elevating the role to Senior College Success Manager.
· Individual Student Support (70%): Provide holistic, individual support to a caseload of SCS Noonan Scholars in college, on areas of academic success (i.e. course selection, campus resources, self-advocacy) and socio-emotional success (i.e. campus culture, social integration, mental health and wellness). The support will take place in-person when geographically possible, and, more often, through in-depth video, phone and email exchanges. This support will occur at a minimum of three times each semester, with enhanced frequency of support for Scholars in their first semester and Scholars who are experiencing significant academic or personal challenges. Additionally, the College Success Manager will provide support to volunteer mentors who are also working with students on the Manager’s caseload.
· Resource Development and Program Delivery (20%): Work with the Senior College Success Manager to develop and implement the SCS Noonan Scholars College Success curriculum and programming, including events, workshops, webinars, and the production of lasting resources.
· Program Support and Administration (10%): The Manager will provide support in high school programs and across organizational departments as needed, meeting the demands for collaboration in a small organization and allowing for opportunities to learn across departments. These supports may include, for example, supporting the student recruitment process, providing staffing at Summer Academy, and preparing program data for fundraising and marketing needs.
The Ideal Candidate
· Bachelor’s Degree with five or more years of professional experience required
· Educational and/or professional experience in the field of mental health preferred
· Highly-skilled relationship builder who is able to build trusting relationships with college students, volunteer mentors, and other partners
· Effective public speaker with skills in preparing and leading presentations and workshops
· A passion for working with low-income students of color, and expertise in the issues first-generation students face at selective colleges
· Strong organizational skills and ability to document and manage detailed data
· An individual who thrives in managing both the small details and a big vision; effective in taking initiative and prioritizing short term and long term needs in a fast-paced work environment involving multiple projects and stakeholders
· Interested in working with flexibility, energy, passion, and results orientation within a small non-profit environment
Compensation Range: $50,000 to $65,000.
To apply: Please go to https://scsnoonan.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=4
For more information, please visit scsnoonan.org
Minimum Education Required