The Director of the Bronx Criminal Court Program manages the day to day delivery of services to clients of the Criminal Court Program. The director of the court programs is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the programs by managing the development and delivery of quality services to clients and by representing the program and Safe Horizon to external partners including Family Justice Center, court officials and funders.
Essential Job Functions:
• Recruits, hires and trains appropriate staff for open positions. Regularly conducts supervision and staff meetings and provides timely and effective performance feedback through regular performance reviews.
• Provides ongoing technical support to case managers through ad hoc meetings and regular supervision, including observations.
• Provides direct services to a case load of high risk and complex clients needing intensive services.
• Ensures the integration and availability of information and services from other Safe Horizon programs and departments.
• Maintains updated information and materials for distribution to clients.
• Oversees the completion and accuracy of all mailings including orders of protection and outreach letters for arraignment and domestic violence cases.
• Attends monthly internal and court meetings with misdemeanor and felony partners and attend quarterly and ad hoc meetings with program partners.
• Maintains effective working relationships with and manages the dissemination of information affecting program operations from the Mayor’s Office and DA’s Office.
• Conducts trainings for members of the DA’s office and other court officials on Safe Horizon services and critical client issues.
• Organizes and communicates objectives and analyzes statistics to ensure that contract objectives are met.
• Manages outreach processes including oversight of special events as the need arises.
• Represents the organization in collaborative special projects and task forces as the need arises.
• Develops and monitors statistical information. Completes spreadsheets, conduct and maintain case study reports.
• Creates and oversees special projects that support client needs such as literacy initiatives, toy drives, book drives and special events.
• Manages all administrative tasks including facilities planning, purchase orders and clerical support.
• Manages outreach processes, engages in presentations, participates in meetings and special events and conducts trainings for program partners.
• Reviews and edits program materials, as needed.
• Ensures that staff is actively engaged in the Case Management System initiative by providing training and support and by participating in meetings and discussions about the system.
• Monitors program cash resources including petty cash, client transportation, food vouchers and emergency funds.
• Oversees the reconciliation of funds and the inventory of client supplies.
- Master’s degree preferred or equivalent training and experience
- Minimum of five years of related professional experience required
- Previous managerial experience required.
- Bilingual desired.
- Must have at least a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Minimally, 35 hours, Monday – Friday, possibly Saturdays
- Must have outstanding interpersonal relationship, clinical, management and supervisory skills.
- Possess a familiarity with city agencies and the criminal justice system.
- Diplomacy, tact, discretion and negotiation skills are required in order to operate successfully in a host site where the agendas may differ.
- Must possess exceptional communications and listening skills and possess solid time management skills, including the ability to effectively balance multiple tasks at the same time.
- Sound crisis intervention management skills are required. T
- The ability to manage multiple complex issues at the same time and exercise sound judgment is critical. •Must possess the ability to work with diverse populations and have a working knowledge of domestic violence and the criminal justice system.
- Must possess a history of exhibiting strong advocacy skills.
Minimum Education Required