320 Newbury Street
The position of Director of Marketing and Communications is a full time exempt position of 40 hours per week. Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Director is responsible for helping drive growth in new student enrollment for both onsite and online programs. The Director currently manages a marketing and communications staff of four including two Communications and Media Producers, one Web Content Manager, and one Graphic Designer. The Director is responsible for the planning, integration, coordination, and management of the strategic marketing and communications plan. This plan will perform across several communication and advertising platforms for multiple audiences, while maintaining and adhering to the BAC’s institutional brand. The Director will have a proven track record of identifying and acquiring prospective student leads through campaign planning, performance analysis and competitive analysis and have demonstrable experience measuring ROI for new and existing investments.
The successful candidate must be an effective communicator who is both analytical and creative, budget-oriented, and highly collaborative. The individual must possess proven project management and data analysis and personnel management skills.
PRIMARY ESSENTIAL Functions:
· Design, implement, and facilitate an annual strategic enrollment marketing and communications plan in support of fundraising and recruitment goals for targeted programs and/or schools in accordance with the College’s mission statement, core values and strategic plan to include objectives, target demographics/markets, and target messages.
· Plan, implement, and manage the college’s advertising and enrollment marketing campaigns including SEO, SEM/PPC, display advertising, outdoor, print, radio, TV, email, direct mail, and recruitment events to increase brand awareness and reach enrollment goals.
· Set overall strategy and lead the communications team to implement social media campaigns, news and feature stories, electronic communications, public relations, Practice Magazine, photography and videography, and external website.
· Work closely with the office of Institutional Advancement to develop and monitor marketing and communications strategies in support of College wide fundraising efforts.
· Monitor and improve marketing spend by utilizing Google Analytics, CRM and Marketing Automation to analyze and evaluate strategic and targeted advertising campaigns, as well as measuring ROI and CPL performance to improve future advertising effort.
· Develop promotional materials including marketing collateral, branding and promotional items for Admissions in a variety of media and venues to maintain brand identity, and to emphasize key messages and positioning within the College’s branding standard.
· Work with Admissions to implement and optimize inbound marketing strategy for the BAC including landing pages, blogs, social media, emails, and workflows.
· Work closely with faculty, staff, and academic/institutional leadership to ensure that their respective areas (especially with regard to the state of the design professions) are considered within a clearly communicated marketing and communications strategy.
· Manage and assess the annual enrollment marketing budgets and planning to ensure that marketing tactics are cost-effective and productive.
· Negotiate with media agents to secure agreements and media buys for all advertising, sponsorship, or events.
· Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA: Earned Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required. Master’s degree with a concentration in marketing, advertising, communications, public relations or related fields, preferred.
- 7 - 10 years of direct marking and recruitment experience within higher education, preferred
- Proven project and personnel management skills
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and CRM systems
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Must be flexible in terms of position description duties and responsibilities
Work Schedule REQUIREMENTS:
· Must be able to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
Minimum Education Required