Details: Competitive Salary with Benefits
Director, Corporate Fundraising
Philanthropic Development | New York, NY | Full Time
Sesame Workshop is a global educational force for change, with a mission to reach the world’s most vulnerable children through the expansion of its unique educational resources. Through its International Social Impact strategy, Sesame Workshop is aiming to increase its reach and deepen its impact internationally, including in low- and middle-income countries.
The Director of Corporate Fundraising at Sesame Workshop will be responsible for working collaboratively with the VP, U.S. Philanthropic Development and the Development team to build and grow the Workshop’s presence through fundraising and engagement efforts for domestic initiatives from corporate and corporate foundations support. This highly visible role will require a proactive leader who brings a deep understanding of the corporate philanthropic giving landscape including Corporate CSR initiatives in order to take a lead role in the building a pipeline, cultivation and relationship management.
This is a unique opportunity for a dedicated, entrepreneurial, results-oriented relationship builder to make a significant impact at an iconic not-for-profit. The Director, Corporate Fundraising, will assist in program strategy, pipeline building, prospect management, and stewardship, all while collaboratively working with internal partners to seek opportunities for broader engagement.
- Build funder pipeline and uncover sources of new prospects to support Sesame Workshop U.S. Social Impact work
- Identify opportunities to generate new proposals based on corporate and foundation guidelines and interests, and prepare targeted reports and in-depth analysis on potential partners
- Manage relationships with other teams to coordinate and promote program integration
- Contribute to U.S. Philanthropic Development team strategy and revenue goals
- Mentor and coach direct reports and foster and contribute to the Development team’s collaborative environment
- At least 5-8 years of experience in Corporate fundraising, relationship building, and prospect management
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred
- Strong track record of success in bringing new funding partnerships to (larger), U.S. non-profit organizations
- High energy individual with a passion for the mission of Sesame Workshop
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Understands stewardship of current funders and new prospects
- Possesses current relationships/knowledge of U.S. Corporate funding community
- Self-starter with sound judgment and creative thinking
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: strong social skills a must; ability to interact -- with professionalism -- with a variety of personalities both internally and externally
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM software or equivalent software
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills required
- Ability to travel
Sesame Workshop offers a competitive base salary and generous benefits package. Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
Sesame Workshop is Drug‐Free Workplace in an effort to safeguard workplace health, safety, and productivity.
At the Employer’s discretion, employment is contingent upon passing a post offer background check. Fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.
For additional information visit www.sesameworkshop.org
Minimum Education Required