Part Time Contract
Details: This is a part time job that could turn into a full time job
Part-Time Operations Administrator Remote Energy - Seattle, WA
Remote Energy (RE) is a 501(c)3 for-impact organization started in 2017 with a mission to provide customized solar training expertise to technicians, organizations and agencies that implement international development projects.
We specialize in train-the-trainer’s courses that build local capacity and support technical schools in starting their own solar training programs.
We also implement high quality, customized, photovoltaic (PV) training programs and design curriculum for technicians, end-users, women, and international, lower-income populations. RE partners with organizations looking to use renewable energy to address issues related to jobs, health, clean water, education, gender equality, and alleviating poverty.
RE’s team of experienced, multilingual, solar installers, electricians, and PV trainers specialize in technical capacity building programs and PV system implementation. Together, we have conducted training activities in the USA and more than 25 countries worldwide including Africa, the Caribbean, Latin American, and Asia. To learn more, visit remoteenergy.org.
The Operations Administrator will work directly with RE staff to create and implement efficient operational systems that promote ease of management and communication between team members and projects. This person must have advanced organizational and communication skills, experience managing complex multi-faceted projects, and the proven experience to lead projects from Day 1.
The Operations Administrator will be responsible for drafting contracts, ensuring and maintaining contract compliance, organizing files and online project documents, coordinating logistics and travel arrangements, adjusting timelines and schedules to match project workload changes, updating RE’s website and database, fundraising emails, donor communications, following up on leads and researching new projects.
The Operations Administrator will do weekly reviews of projects with staff members to coordinate logistics, adjust timelines, log work hours to appropriate projects, and give summaries to staff. This includes organizing files, data entry, reviewing contract compliance, writing project summaries, and regular communication with staff members. The Operations Administrator will help streamline our organizational processes and implement project management processes and strategies that help RE become more efficient and effective.
· Effective communication skills using email, Zoom, and other virtual tools
· Excellent written and verbal skills in English
· Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines with exceptional attention to detail
· Advanced project management skills and familiarity with project management software
· Advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Experience creating and managing highly efficient organizational procedures and systems
· Self-motivated, positive, team attitude
· Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Experience working with a high-performing team that works remotely
· Able to attend meetings once/week with RE staff member at their offices in Seattle, Mt Vernon, or Tacoma (preferred)
· Bilingual language capability English/Spanish/French (preferred)
· Experience managing international projects (preferred)
The Operations Administrator position is as a part-time contractor, 16 hours/week for 2018 with a starting wage of $25/hour. (Starting in 2019, the possibility of additional hours as projects allow for a full time position.)
Majority of tasks can be completed remotely. Position requires once/week meeting with RE staff member.
Applications are due by March 12, 2018, and start date is March 26, 2018.
To apply, submit resume, thoughtful cover letter that compels us to contact you, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working with great people for a great cause
Level of Language Proficiency
High proficiency in English
Spanish or French language skills preferred19
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, and CV via email to email@example.com