This is an opportunity for an individual with program experience to support the growth and development of an exciting initiative tackling the challenge of climate change. The successful candidate will be able to work independently as part of a small and fast paced team to manage projects and partner relationships, collaborate with the Director of Program and work seamlessly with the CLF team and partnering organizations.
The Clara Lionel Foundation seeks a Program Manager to manage and execute the various projects of the Climate Resilience Initiative (CRI) across the Caribbean (current projects are in Barbados, Dominican Republic, Belize and Dominica). Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Program Manager will be responsible for supporting the management and development of CRI projects, monitoring and liaising between partners to ensure exceptional program delivery, identifying unique communications and storytelling opportunities and assisting with CLF’s emergency response work as needed.
- Work with other members of CLF to ensure success of CRI and emergency response initiatives
- Monitor and implement grantmaking activities, policies and procedures
- Review grant proposals that adhere to the overall mission and follow funding guidelines.
- Daily program management throughout the program life cycle including budget management
- Research potential CRI program partners and partnership opportunities
- Create memos for CRI programs related meetings
- Generate and update concept notes and impact summaries, research briefs and other documents related to CRI partnerships and new / existing initiatives
- Support on cultivation of CRI funding partners in collaboration with the Director of Programs and Executive Director
- Monitor current events, news coverage and academic findings in relevant areas
- Develop positive relationships and strong communication flow with program partner teams
- Where possible, conduct independent check-in site visits and share updates with the CLF team
- Liaise with program partner teams through the application, management and reporting process
- Identify opportunities for cross-organizational collaboration among CRI program partners
- Maintain CRI grantmaking database and calendar for program partner communications and events
- Maintain relationships with governments and the multilateral teams in the region
Communications / Impact
- Generate ideas for interactive and designed content, actions and campaigns to engage followers and build CRI’s profile on CLF channels.
- Support on CRI related events and campaigns
- Organize travel logistics for CRI related site visits
- Support on other CRI related operations and office procedures as needed
- BA required, MA preferred
- Has operated in a fast-growing environment.
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality.
- Expertise working in the Caribbean and in international development
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding communications skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment
- Intellectually curious with openness to new and interdisciplinary approaches
- Hands-on, leads by example
- Values diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach
- Constantly looking to apply best practices
- Passion for CLF’s mission
CLF is an equal opportunity employer etc.