Administrative Assistant for Community Mobilization
- Job posted by National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
Details: Commensurate with experience
50 Broad Street
NLIRH seeks a committed, experienced individual who is passionate about Latina/o and women’s issues to support the work of our Community Mobilization (CM) department. The Community Mobilization department leads our on-the-ground community organizing and leadership development work along with building a national network of organizational partners and special initiatives related to civic engagement and activism. The Community Mobilization department seeks to build the power of Latinas throughout the country through community organizing, civic engagement and leadership development to create mechanisms for Latinas to influence public policy and build community support for reproductive justice.
The ideal candidate will have extensive administrative experience supporting field and office staff involved in civic engagement programs and/or organizing campaigns. The CM administrative assistant’s duties include general administrative, organizational, and office management duties as assigned in addition to program planning and implementation. We are seeking a skilled, bilingual and extroverted individual with experience working with diverse communities, who is highly motivated in a fast-paced environment.
Position Location: New York City, some travel required
Reports to: Senior Director of Community Engagement Programs
- Provide direct administrative support to the Senior Director with travel, calendaring, scheduling meetings and tracking participation in events, conferences, coalitions, etc.;
- Provide direct administrative support to the Director of Field and Advocacy with travel, calendaring,
- Scheduling meetings and tracking participation in events, conferences, coalitions, etc.;
- Support special projects as it relates to field operations, mobilization, coalition-building, civic engagement and program evaluation;
- Support collaborations and activities across departments, including Government Relations and Public Affairs, Development and Administration;
- Under the oversight of the Senior Director, provide supports to the Education team with training materials, mailings, and programmatic and national events;
- Preparation, production and distribution of training materials in English, Spanish or bilingual;
- Monitor and distribute program materials and supplies;
- Assist Senior Director with compiling and producing quarterly reports; and
- Provide timekeeping support for all paid volunteers, activists etc.
- Work with the Directors and Senior Director to track program expenses at the state and national level
- in cooperation with the Finance and Operations Department;
- Audit all financial forms and reports for accuracy; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Director.
- HS Diploma or equivalency;
- Minimum 1 year of clerical experience (Associate degree acceptable alternative);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, English and Spanish required;
- Interest in civic or community engagement programs;
- Familiarity with program budgets;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience and ability to work with staff at a variety of levels and to coordinate multiple stakeholders
- and projects;
- Strong organizational and time management skills; and
- Good self-direction and team work skills.
NLIRH offers excellent benefits, including health insurance, vacation and sick leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying please send a resume and a cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write Administrative Assistant for CM in the e-mail subject line.