540 President Street, Suite 2F
Reel Works is looking for filmmakers interested in training to become a Teaching Artist in our NYC public school arts residencies.
The Reel Works Student-Teacher Track is a clearly defined pathway of educational training for artists to develop the skills necessary to become a Teaching Artist for our leading youth media in-schools programming.
DESCRIBE WORKSHOPS AND PROGRAMS - MAKE THIS INTERESTING AND EXCITING OPPORTUNITY
All Student Teachers start in at least one high school or middle school residency for a 6-month duration. During their 6 months, they will teach 3 lessons and receive 15 hours of training from Reel Works or outside training partners: Ramapo, PASE, DOE. They will also attend development meetings at Reel Works and have bi-monthly observations.
- Assist the facilitation of age-appropriate lesson plans and activities
- Assist with classroom management and maintain a positive learning environment
- Participate in training and staff development activities
- Collaborate and communicate with supervisory staff
- Participate in student showcase events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA in Arts and/or Education
- Proficiency in all aspects of filmmaking- pre-production, production and post-production process
Minimum Education Required