Details: Salary based on years of lead teaching experience and education level
5601 E Capitol St SE
DC Scholars Public Charter School is seeking dynamic Middle School Teachers for the upcoming 2018-19 school year. We are looking for teachers who are passionate about planning and providing excellent, data-driven instruction. These teachers cultivate a strong culture of achievement and lead classroom communities where students are engaged and self-motivated. If you’re ready to join a team of dedicated secondary educators who are committed to ensuring that all students have access to a high-quality education that prepares them for high school, college and beyond, apply today!
- English-Language Arts and Humanities
- Mathematics (including Algebra)
- Science and STEM
- Special Education (ELA and Math Resource)
- Plan towards and provide excellent instruction for middle school scholars (grades 5-8)
- Utilize research-based best instructional practices to create rigorous, dynamic learning environments Create engaging and developmentally appropriate lessons
- Cultivate a positive and inclusive classroom environment that will engage students in learning and foster creativity through problem solving and the development of 21st century skills such as communication and collaboration
- Utilize strategic instructional groupings to meet the needs of all learners
- Provide appropriate modifications and accommodations in accordance with student IEPs
- Receive feedback and coaching from school leaders
- Reward positive student behavior and hold students accountable using school-wide systems
- Work collaboratively with other staff to plan curriculum and build school culture across the school
- Participate in family engagement work to include conducting home visits
Background and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and teaching certification, or willingness to obtain (required)
- 2+ years of teaching experience, preferably in an urban public or charter school
- Demonstrated content knowledge
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Belief in the power of parent/family relationships
- Deep belief and commitment to breaking the barriers of achievement for scholars in Southeast D.C.
- Competitive salary and benefits packages with participation in a 403b retirement plan (matching contributions from DC Scholars)
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental benefits 100% covered for employees and 90% covered for dependents
- Weekly internal professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career advancement within the growing DC Scholars Community Schools network
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit our job board linked here and apply for the position that best meets your background, experience and desires for the upcoming school year. Only one application is needed.
No calls or emails please.