Part Time Contract
Reports To: Executive Director
Location: SF Bay Area; flexible
Hours: 25 hours/week
Hiring Date: Immediately
The Hospital de la Familia Foundation (HDLFF) is a 501(c)3 organization founded in 1976 in San Francisco, California. HDLFF financially supports the Hospital de la Familia located in the rural town of Nuevo Progreso, San Marcos, Guatemala, as well as coordinates 5-6 yearly missions of volunteer medical teams specializing in general surgery, OB/GYN, ear, nose, and throat, ophthalmology, optometry, dentistry, pediatrics, and audiology. In addition, HDLFF supports a nutrition center for malnourished infants and toddlers, a grade-school for girls and boys, a nursing assistant program and a sewing school for women and girls. www.hdlff.org
The Development Director will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing all of HDLFF’s fundraising, including individual giving, grant management, research & writing, major gifts, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Development Director works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
· Collaborate with the Foundation’s Development Committee and Executive Director to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the Hospital and its programs.
· Conduct prospect research, develop and write grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
· Assemble and submit grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations
· Establish and maintain contact and relationships with individual donors, foundation contacts and program officers
· Ensure prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts.
· Create and initiate cultivation and solicitation activities, including the use of direct mail and social media, primarily for individuals, to raise new and increased contributions.
· Maintaining a calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports
· Produce a written monthly report on activities for the Executive Director and the Development Committee.
· 4-year degree
· Minimum two years of successful non-profit fundraising experience
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and fundraising software
· Strong writing ability
· High standards, a drive to succeed and desire to make a difference
· Part-time position (25 hours per week)
· Can work remotely and must be comfortable traveling to meet with Executive Director, Development Committee and donors.
Please send cover letter, resume with three references and writing sample to HDLFFinfo@gmail.com
Hospital de la Familia Foundation
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume with three references and writing sample