Program Manager for Educational Resource Center
- Job posted by NaRCAD: National Resource Center for Academic Detailing
Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
419 Boylston Street
Posting: Program Manager
Department of Medicine, Division of Pharmacoepidemiology & Pharmacoeconomics
Brigham & Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School
419 Boylston Street, 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02116
Full time/ 40 hours/week
NaRCAD is seeking a skilled Program Manager to join its Boston-based team. This position reports to the Communications & Education Director and works closely with our center’s Director/Principal Investigator, Program & Events Coordinator, Research Assistants, and other team members to ensure that NaRCAD excels in its mission to bring the strategy of clinical outreach education (“Academic Detailing”) to public and private healthcare organizations across the United States in order to improve outcomes for vulnerable patient populations, particularly those dealing with the opioid epidemic and HIV. Learn more about our work, events, and team at www.narcad.org.
Training & Education: 40%
- Execute training presentations related to clinical outreach education, NaRCAD’s offerings, and related content during Boston-based and on-site trainings in locations across the country, including trainings focused on improving clinical care related to the opioid epidemic, HIV prevention, and other important public health topics.
- Run training logistics from planning to implementation and evaluation, including but not limited to: planning logistical needs for at least 6 trainings per year that host approximately 10-30 trainees and staff; coordinating training faculty scheduling, content and support; updating training curriculum and educational materials when needed; hosting on-site trainings and running operations, logistics, and transitions smoothly; managing post-event evaluation reporting and analysis.
Project Management: 30%
- Tracking needs for technical assistance with partner programs; scheduling and facilitating technical assistance calls
- Tracking and coordinating team meetings and setting up teleconferences, webinars, etc.
- Conduct background research for meetings with research project partners, NaRCAD service partners and other interested stakeholders
- Grant-related tracking of program progress and support of all other program activities.
- At the direction of NaRCAD staff, act as point of contact for individuals interested in contributing to the design and analysis of projects, providing logistical support, gathering materials and related graphics
- Provide relevant research and support on topic-specific academic detailing projects and partner collaborations
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Communications & Education Director
Communications Support: 30%
- Analyzing incoming trainee and partner data to determine trends and increase partner engagement
- Interviewing former trainees for our best practices blog; curating content for our quarterly e-newsletter
- Collecting data from the field and categorizing which topic areas are of most interest/use to these trainees/partners;
- Researching new models in clinical outreach education, models, and topics for internal tracking and external promotion purposes;
- Monitoring network subscription list and using active promotion techniques to increase number of network subscribers;
- Supporting/monitoring/maintaining NaRCAD’s social media campaign to increase visibility, followers, and web traffic;
- Supporting communications and marketing efforts to promote annual conference and Boston-based training events; helping to design, send, and track responses to event blasts and other engagement pieces
- Provide support & content editing when necessary as related to website, podcasts, blog, and newsletter
- Bachelor’s degree required (concentration in areas of public health, communications, education, social sciences, and similar fields preferred); Master’s Degree (in public health, or related field) a plus.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in an office setting with proven track record of managing complex projects and timelines
- Passion for healthcare, education, and people
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written, organizational, verbal, virtual, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills and experience delivering training or education content to adult learners
- Self-starter with ability to work well independently, as well as with a dedicated and passionate team
- Creative, flexible, solutions-based thinker
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and collaborate with others to move projects forward (including “managing up”)
- Experience with events planning (e.g. trainings, conferences, workshops)
- Team travel for NaRCAD’s field trainings and educational projects approximately 6 times/year is required
- Experience in non-profit and/or health-related settings a plus, particularly with programs whose work improves the health of underserved or vulnerable populations
- Working knowledge of public health crises, especially the opioid crisis and HIV prevention
- Graphic design/layout work and knowledge of related programs (e.g., Microsoft Publisher, InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience with professional, promotional/marketing-based and community-building use of social media and e-marketing platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Idealist, Constant Contact, Piktochart, etc.)
- This position requires 25-35% travel (approximately 6, 3-day national trips annually.)
- This is a contract position with guaranteed funding for 1-1.5 years with the option to be renewed for continued funding.
Salary & Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience. Brigham & Women’s Hospital/Partners Healthcare offers excellent benefits, including subsidized medical, dental, vision, and prescription care coverage from a variety of plans; a generous PTO plan; retirement savings plans; flexible spending accounts; and more. This position has the potential for occasional telework as well as some flexibility with scheduling.
Brigham & Women’s Hospital/Partners Healthcare offers excellent benefits, including subsidized medical, dental, vision, and prescription care coverage from a variety of plans; a generous PTO plan; retirement savings plans; flexible spending accounts; and more. This position has the potential for occasional telework as well as some flexibility with scheduling.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume (in Word or PDF format only) to the attention of Bevin Kathleen Shagoury, Communications & Education Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Application for Program Manager” in the subject line. Due to the high level of applications we receive, we cannot respond personally to each application. No phone calls, please. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.