The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is a great place to work! IDSA has a highly competitive total compensation package, offers flexible work and telework arrangements and our organizational culture is highly rated by staff. Our new office is located two blocks from the metro and has a free gym onsite.
We are an innovative and dynamic professional association committed to the principles of inclusion, diversity, access, and equity. We’ve experienced tremendous growth over the past several years and are excited to post this full-time position.
Our team embodies the following core values:
Member-Centric, Excellence, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork, and Trust.
Manage and execute daily Talent Management and Human Resources activities to attract, develop, motivate and retain high-performing employees. This role will ensure short and mid-range objectives are met and support staff to advance effectiveness and performance.
- Manage full cycle recruitment process (place job ads, source for candidates, draft screening questions, schedule and conduct interviews, provide guidance to hiring managers throughout the process), track applicant data and related recruitment activities for reporting purposes
- Manage talent review process ensuring equity and effectiveness; provide training, provide consultation on talent review cycle activities (planning, evaluation, and feedback)
- Field and resolve employee relations concern, ensure IDSA is in compliance with employment laws
- Partner with managers on performance improvement and grievance processes with oversight from the VP
- Administer benefits programs (coordinates design and revisions) in partnership with benefits broker
- Research, develop and implement policies and practices
- Administer compensation (including coordinating design and revisions) program and policies
- Research and implement employment programs and procedures (research and update employee handbook, job descriptions and other documents)
- Maintain Human Resources records including employment files; ensure proper documentation is generated and maintained regarding status changes (job information, compensation, benefits, employment status, etc.)
- Manage activities and programs (ex. rewards and recognition) that motivate staff, promote a positive culture, and encourage good employer/employee relations; develops and maintains reports on talent management activities
- Develop and delivers informative and timely staff communications; develop materials and conduct training sessions as needed
- May process worker’s compensation and unemployment insurance claims to ensure timely compliance with regulatory requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Occasional travel may be required
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience; PHR certification is a plus
- Four years of experience as a human resources or talent management generalist
- Solid knowledge of full spectrum of human resources function and subject matter
- Excellent judgment, and ability to keep high standards with regard to confidentiality and trustworthiness
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to effectively lead and manage change and handle multiple priorities
- Excellent organizational and process management skills and attention to detail; solid process management skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to generate accurate and timely reports to support business needs
- Strong oral and written communications skill
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socioeconomic status, marital or veteran status. We also welcome those of all abilities and make reasonable accommodations to support successful outcomes for our team members.
All offers of employment with IDSA are contingent upon a successful background and or credit check.