Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) is a nationally recognized multiethnic nonprofit organization that provides award-winning services to refugee and immigrant women and their families in King and Snohomish Counties.
POSITION TITLE: Spanish Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Victim’s Advocate
PROGRAM: Domestic Violence
REPORTS TO: DV Program Director
STATUS/PAY: Non-Exempt Regular Full time (37.5 hours/week)
SUMMARY: Provide crisis intervention services support, advocacy, referral,
interpretation, and case management to refugee/immigrant victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. In collaboration with program staff conduct domestic violence and sexual assault awareness community outreach and education. Provide support group sessions for women. Work collaboratively with other domestic violence and sexual assault and social service agencies to meet the needs of clients. Provide community outreach to DV/SA and Anti-Human Trafficking to refugee and immigrant communities.
- Conduct initial screening, intake interview, determine eligibility and enroll clients in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Provide case management services to domestic violence and sexual assault clients; serve as an advocate on behalf of clients in need of resources and other support;
- Conduct needs assessment for clients’ in order to access appropriate social service, housing, and other resources.
- Develop an effective treatment plan with clients’ cultural beliefs and values.
- Provide culturally appropriate behavioral health services including comprehensive case management and client advocacy.
- Provide support groups to women who are victim of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Provide interpretation and help clients to effectively navigate the various legal and social service resources.
- Provided systems advocacy to domestic violence and sexual assault clients; serve as an advocate on behalf of clients in need of legal assistance and educate clients about legal resources in the community.
- Work together with Family Law and Immigration's Attorneys to assist clients and help them to
effectively navigate the legal system.
- Prepare letters of support and translation of clients’ declaration when necessary for immigration cases.
- Provide safety planning and assist clients as needed and educate refugee and immigrant
communities about legal system in the United States.
- Works with third party providers to obtain appropriate services for the clients
- Provide community education to mainstream service providers to assist them in working
effectively with refugee and immigrant clients from Arabic Speaking Communities.
- Networking and maintaining contacts with representatives of other domestic violence
and sexual assault providers to ensure continuity of services.
- Distribute materials at community gathering places to ensure visibility to refugees and
- Conduct monthly community outreach and presentations to Arabic Speaking
Communities to increase awareness of domestic violence and sexual assault issues and
- Work with other DV staff and Program Director to monitor, evaluate and improve program
performance to most effectively meet client needs.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date files and documentation for complete and timely reporting.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information and office location.
- Attend program and staff meetings and training.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Director.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- AA degree in social services, psychology, counseling, social work, or related field.
- Minimum two years paid or volunteer experience working with refugee/immigrant women in
- One-year experience working with victim advocacy, counseling and services.
- Strong computer skills.
- Respect for others’ experiences, opinions, language, values, culture, and knowledge.
- Commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Knowledge of domestic violence and sexual assault issues and a commitment to ending violence against women and children.
- Available for flexible hours (some evenings and weekends as needed).
- Ability and to commute to and provide services from ReWA’s satellite offices.
- WA state driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance, vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, 403(b) plan
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Minimum Education Required