31 Germania Street
The Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Development Corporation (JPNDC) is a 41 year-old community development corporation that focuses on economic development, affordable housing, and community organizing. Our programs and projects are developed and overseen with the active involvement of community residents, businesses, and organizations; because we believe that the most effective development includes the voices of the neighborhood.
Our Family Prosperity Services promote upward mobility for low-income individuals/families through strategies that include job/career readiness training, family financial skills training, individualized career and financial coaching and access to income supports—to help low-income families increase their net income and assets over time. The Case Manager will provide case management/stabilization support to individuals/families participating in Family Prosperity and Family Child Care Services.
· Participate in outreach activities to recruit and enroll participants.
· Provide case management services in regards to employment; which includes financial coaching.
· Identify support services needed, assist with applications, facilitate service referrals, connect clients with supportive services (i.e. fuel assistance, health insurance, child care, clothing, etc) and conduct follow-up.
· Collaborate closely with Family Child Care staff to engage these families to access employment, financial stabilization and coaching services.
· Engage and coordinate with agency partners to serve participants referred to JPNDC.
· Develop and maintain relationships with community resource agencies.
· Assist with coordinating financial education/work readiness workshops.
· Build positive working relationships with ED colleagues and collaborate on outreach, workshops, service coordination and resource development.
· Maintain accurate, timely records of participant activities and enter information into database; prepare reports.
· Assist with other duties assigned by supervisor.
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree in human services, counseling or related field preferred.
· Bilingual in Spanish and English REQUIRED.
· 1-2 years experience providing case management to low income individuals, immigrants and diverse populations required.
· Excellent organizational, communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and familiar with client database and Internet.
· Excellent problem solving skills and ability to advocate on participant’s behalf.
· Strong knowledge of community resources.
· Flexible schedule; including occasional night and weekend hours
· Flexible work schedule to include working occasional early mornings, evenings, and Saturdays.
JPNDC is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunity.
This is a Full Time position and eligible for all company benefits!
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Minimum Education Required