11 Park Place, Suite 805
Summary: Central to the success of ACC’s mission is the support provided to our staff by ensuring fair and timely wages and access to resources such as benefits packages, paid leave, etc. The Compensation and Benefits Coordinator is responsible for administering all aspects of the compensation and benefits program for ACC staff such as processing, maintenance of leave accruals and balances, and monitoring and adherence to legal mandates and deadlines. Through analysis of trends, creation of reports and statistics, and maintaining awareness of changing industry and mandated practices, they will help craft recruitment and hiring strategies in the future and help control ACC’s finances. The Compensation and Benefits Coordinator is motivated by perfection in the details and is a self-starter.
· Review timekeeping in timeclock software and schedules for completeness and accuracy
· Liaise with various department supervisors for missed punches, errors, and incorrect data input
· Process weekly transfer of payroll data to payroll processing system
· Advise supervisors, managers, or directors of any attendance or tardiness trends they should be aware of relevant to their employees
· Pull internal management reports from timecard and attendance software
· Compile payroll data such as garnishments, paid time off, insurance, union fees/dues, reimbursements, benefits withholding, on call, and 401-k deductions
· Complete all documents relating to payroll, workers’ compensation, and HR related items
· Carry out government filings and plan audits, including but not limited to health and pension
· Monitor, analyze, and recommend ongoing changes to compensation and benefits structures and practices
· Monitor federal, state, and local, compensation and benefits laws and regulations to ensure organizational compliance
· Manage all leave of absence tracking and administration (e.g. FMLA, Workers Compensation, Disability)
· Assist in annual benefits package analysis review and recommendation with a focus on providing highest levels of service as lowest cost to ACC’s employees
· Communicate proactively as well as respond to staff regarding all aspects of compensation and benefits
· Process new hires and terminations in all payroll and benefits system, ensuring accuracy for enrollment of all staff
· Process invoices for payment and check requests as needed
· Generate a variety of statistical reports as needed and for executive management and leadership team as requested
· Support during collective bargaining agreement negotiations
Ability to work independently with a high amount of personal accountability; great time management and attention to detail; is able to be discreet and confidential; is an expert communicator; is a people person; is flexible and adaptable; excellent quantitative and analytical skills; advanced Excel/Google sheets skills; strong knowledge of labor laws
Education and Work Experience:
· Associates degree required, Bachelors preferred, in Mathematics, Economics, or Statistics
· High level of proficiency in ADP, Paychex, or other similar payroll processing system required
· CEBS and/or CCP certifications preferred
· Minimum 2 years experience related to compensation and/or benefits programs
ACC has five locations across the 5 boroughs and a corporate headquarters in downtown Manhattan. This position is located in our headquarters and includes occasional visits to the other animal sheltering locations. The headquarters has an office cat and on occasion other animals. When visiting shelter locations, employee may be exposed to odors or airborne particles including animal fur and toxic chemicals, and high levels of noise.
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
OVERTIME: This is a salaried position that is also eligible for overtime.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to careers@Nycacc.org