21750 Red Rum Drive
Overview/Principal Function: Reporting directly to the Program Manager, the Assistant Program Manager will be responsible for the operational success of This Is My Brave, Inc.’s flagship program - This Is My Brave The Show, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, quality control and evaluation. In this newly established role, the Assistant Program Manager will be the key external face of This Is My Brave, Inc. in the community, alongside the Co-Founder and Executive Director and Program Manager. Must be able to travel to Ashburn, VA at least two times per week. Three days out of the week will be working remotely.
Program Operational Management:
- Coordinate and oversee the primary program of This is My Brave, Inc., “This Is My Brave - The Show” in cities across the country with a secondary focus on financial development and fund procurement.
- Maintain and oversee a cost-effective mix of quality programs and services, collaborating with other community agencies when appropriate. Evaluate program results, establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability, and report results to the Executive Director, Board and other stakeholders regularly.
- Cultivate existing relationships with vendors with the goal of ensuring sufficient space and resources, and access to services.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
- Maintain a presence at This Is My Brave events, as well as community mental health fundraisers and networking opportunities.
Team Management and Development:
- Oversee volunteers and volunteer Producers, supervising work and evaluating performance.
- Work with Executive Director and Program Manager to develop objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality performance for volunteers on location at our events and working online campaigns representing TIMB.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
- Recruit, hire, and oversee training and orientation of all volunteers in collaboration with the Executive Director and Program Manager.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management experience to grow and further develop a proven program. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the ED and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree highly desired with at least 5 years of experience with at least one of those in a team management role
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience developing and implementing new program evaluation systems
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals, teams and volunteers, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance
- Deep understanding of human resources, employee performance improvement plans, and corrective action policies
- Demonstrated results in managing through complex systems and proven experience negotiating win-win agreements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for This Is My Brave's mission
- Ability and willingness to travel to shows throughout the United States
How to apply:
Email resume, cover letter, writing sample and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line “Assistant Program Manager”. No calls, please.
Medical, dental and vision benefits available.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required