Details: Compensation for this position is $22.00 per hour.
36-24 12th Street
Data Operations Assistant
VOICE Charter School (http://www.voicecharterschool.org/) is an elementary and middle school located in Long Island City, Queens that serves about 650 students across grades K-8. We are located just minutes from Manhattan (two stops outside of Manhattan on the F, N, and W train lines) and Long Island City’s growing waterfront district, thriving arts community, and rapid residential growth. We are looking to identify extraordinary educators and administrators committed to urban education who wish to join a dynamic professional learning community.
Our mission is to create a safe and healthy learning environment that will nurture, motivate and challenge all of our children to achieve the highest level of academic excellence and to develop into mindful, responsible, contributing participants in their education, their community and the diverse society in which we live.
What makes VOICE different?
At VOICE, it’s not just about the music. It’s about the people. It’s about what you can be. It’s about using your passion. It’s about relationships. It’s about having the opportunity to choose. It’s about caring enough. It’s about each individual child and adult.
We believe in efficacy. At the core of our academic culture is the idea that all students are capable of doing well in any discipline. At VOICE, all students will learn – being smart is not something that you are, it is something you become. At VOICE, you will be pushed to become more.
We support and develop the effectiveness of our teachers. We believe that teachers need time to collaborate to build their practice, so we provide our team with over two hours of planning time a day as well as additional days for collaborative thought partnership and planning during the school year.
We promote participation in music and the arts. As music and art help develop problem solving and critical thinking skills and open children's imaginations, all VOICE students participate in and learn from daily activities in the arts including rigorous choral training. We design our arts-integrated curriculum to bring joy and wonder to the lives of our children, providing them with the skills necessary to forge their own path.
All Staff at VOICE:
- Love and nurture all of our students as they become deeply caring and responsible individuals;
- Take personal responsibility and work collaboratively to ensure that all students achieve and grow, understanding that the performance and progress of our students is directly under our control;
- Ask questions and empower students to exercise curiosity and wonder about the world around them;
- Hold themselves to the highest standards;
- Push and support themselves, their students, and their colleagues;
- Proactively seek and incorporate feedback;
- Help each individual child gain the opportunity to choose what his or her future will be.
Under the direction of the Elementary Operations Manager and with some direction by the Senior Operations Manager and Senior Data Specialist, the Data Operations Assistant performs a wide variety of day-to-day tasks to support the efforts of running a warm, welcoming, and seamlessly operating Elementary School. Some of the Data Operations Assistant’s major responsibilities include ensuring student bus lists are updated and current every day, maintaining Elementary School tech and hardware, and promptly and efficiently providing excellent customer service to IT-related questions and requests.
IT Systems and Processes
- Assist in setting up PowerSchool with Student Information updates
- Assist with hardware inventory refreshes to ensure all equipment is accounted for and ready by the start of the next school year
- Research and order IT products and solutions as directed
- Support in the day-to-day tech needs of classroom teachers and assistants
- Upload and update educational resources on PowerSchool and shared directory services
Student Bussing and Logistics
- Support in building the student bus database
- Process bus authorization forms and verify accuracy of the lists
- Assist with new student registration events
· Respond to faculty and staff IT requests and questions promptly, providing friendly, hands-on technical support
· Escalate unresolvable problems in timely manner and ensure follow-up with individuals
· Provide feedback and suggestions on how to improve system functionality
· Process, analyze and report out student performance data
· Assist in the preparation of student report cards and test administration
· Provide A/V support to Elementary School assemblies and special events, including occasional evening events
- Support and assist the Elementary Operations team with administrative and programmatic tasks that may arise
- Respond to Elementary faculty copy and production requests as needed
- Serve as backup Receptionist as needed
Attitude and Focus
- Unwavering commitment to VOICE mission, vision, and values
- Models high standards of integrity, trust, openness, and respect for others
- Demonstrates integrity by honoring commitments and promises
- Operates and follows through on assigned tasks and projects under specific time constraints and by specified deadlines
- Is productive and carries fair share of the workload; focuses on quality and expends the necessary time and effort to achieve goals
- Seeks to understand and meet and/or exceed the needs and expectations of customers and clients; treats customers and clients with respect
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with team members
- Recognizes the constructive value of and embraces feedback
- Responds and adapts to developing challenges and obstacles when under pressure calmly and logically to develop working solutions in a timely manner
- Identifies and seeks to resolve and prevent problems
- Approaches new challenges as opportunities to improve skills and abilities, seeking advice and feedback to constantly improve
Skills and Knowledge
- Responds to requests in a professional manner, even in difficult circumstances; provides accurate and timely service
- Manages up and laterally by proactively providing supervisors and clients support and solutions to move work and projects forward
- Effectively prioritizes tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others to achieve goals
- Writes clearly and concisely; listens attentively to others and responds appropriately; takes into account the audience and nature of the information
- Verbally articulates progress against tasks clearly and concisely; communicates ideas, suggestions and concerns as well as outcomes and progress throughout the course of a task or project
- Regularly applies feedback and training outcomes to the work to grow continuously in and add value to the role
- Exercises discretion regarding sensitive personal and legal information
- Exhibits ability to identify and address issues
- Identifies and seeks to resolve and prevent conflicts with team members
- Patience with and basic understanding of how computers, printers and other information systems operate.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive applications
- Able to learn and navigate new technology systems to complete work
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required
- Able to lift objects weighing 20 pounds
- One year of experience working in an office environment (including internships)
- Experience supporting the management of a front office
- Experience supporting an IT help desk or related
- Experience supporting technical aspects of a stage production, including sound and lightning
- Experience with video editing software
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Access and Excel
- Proficiency in Spanish
- Experience working with high-needs communities
Compensation and Benefits: Compensation is competitive and based on experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including participation in the TransitChek program and partial reimbursement for monthly commuting expenses, gym reimbursement, cultural enrichment reimbursements, frequent access to baked goods, and many opportunities to get to know your VOICE colleagues!
How to Apply: Please submit an electronic application (including a VOICE-specific cover letter and resume) at https://voicecharterschool.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx . Please note that the deadline to apply for this position is August 22, 2017.
VOICE Charter School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In its employment decisions, VOICE does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including participation in the TransitChek program and partial reimbursement for monthly commuting expenses, gym reimbursement, cultural enrichment reimbursements, frequent access to baked goods, and many opportunities to get to know your VOICE colleagues!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit an electronic application (including a VOICE-specific cover letter and resume) at https://voicecharterschool.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx .