Details: For discusson
17/2/7, Sahapur Main Road, Kolkata - 700038, West Bengal, India.
Shisur Sevay is seeking a development officer who will serve as a primary fundraiser for the organization. S/he will be responsible for designing, implementing, evaluating and refining the organization’s development activities. S/he will personally identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors and prospects in accordance with performance targets determined by executive leadership. The development officer will provide leadership, direction, and training to other staff to support development goals and objectives. S/he will collaborate with colleagues at Shishur Sevay to maximize total gift revenue through gift planning, corporate and foundation relations, and annual fundraising strategies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards major donors and prospects including individuals, corporations, and foundations, through visits and other forms of direct personal contact in accordance with performace targets set by executive leadership.
2. Enlists senior management in furthering the organization’s development program; educates and supports management with respect to their development leadership roles.
3. Recruits, engages, and manages volunteers and provides them with leadership and direction in support of the cultivation and solicitation of major donors and prospects; coordinates volunteers' activities to ensure their integration into the organization’s programs.
4. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships organization staff to maximize the unit's total gift revenue.
5. Coordinates unit-based development strategies and activities to ensure their integration into the organizational strategy.
6. Create and manage an effective prospect management database and other institutional resources to ensure appropriate management of donors, prospects, alumni, and volunteers in coordination with organizational objectives.
7. Conducts research to identify prospects and creates strategies to match prospects' interests to the priorities of the organization.
8. Researches, writes, edits, or oversees the preparation of persuasive, accurate, and grammatically and syntactically correct solicitations, proposals, case statements, reports, correspondence, and other development-related communication materials in support of the organization’s fund-raising activities.
9. Assists in short- and long-range strategic planning activities to create and implement fundraising goals and objectives.
10. Plans and conducts programs and activities designed to increase the visibility of the organization
11. Supervises and coordinates the work of staff employees in day-to-day functional activities, as appropriate.
12. Co-develops and co-manages budgets for fundraising activities.
13. May represent the organization at business and community meetings.
14. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
● Demonstrated ability in securing grants and gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other private funding sources.
● Demonstrated ability in planning and implementing long and short-range development initiatives in conjunction with strategic planning processes.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with academic leadership, faculty, prospects, donors, and volunteers in a wide range of roles.
● Demonstrated ability in recruiting and managing volunteers and engaging them effectively in supporting the unit through fundraising, consultation, and advocacy.
● Ability to conduct research, gather data, analyze information, and prepare effective, accurate, and timely reports and other documents to support development objectives.
● Database management skills.
● Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
● Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities, and to use discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others.
● Demonstrated organizational skills and experience in managing events and other complex activities in support of development objectives.
● Ability to foster effective working relationships within a team environment.
● Skills in budget preparation and fiscal management.
● Community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
● Program planning and leadership skills.
● Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
This position offers an opportunity for advancement. We are looking for candidates who have the potential for succession into the post of the Executive Director.
Level of Language Proficiency
English Bengali and Hindi
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you have an interest in applying for the Development Officer Position, please submit your resume, a cover letter, and an example of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2018. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted'
Please also review our website and give us a report on what you think of the organization, it's strengths and weaknesses.