DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL AID
The Director of Financial Aid is responsible for all aspects of the financial aid process. The Director works closely with the Finance Office and the Admissions Office in allocating need-based financial aid for new and re-enrolling students and in administering the school’s remission program for faculty and staff. The Director assists and advises families regarding Saint Ann’s policies and practices for assigning financial aid, works with the Development Office to assist in the distribution and stewardship of endowed scholarship money, and analyzes and reports on long-term financial aid trends for the school’s senior administrative leadership and the Board of Trustees. This position also works closely with other departments to determine aid that should be offered to students for non-tuition financial aid for a broad range of incidental expenses. The Director carries out this work in a way that advances the school’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. The Director of Financial Aid is a full-time position. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
ABOUT SAINT ANN’S SCHOOL
Since its founding in 1965, Saint Ann’s has embraced a commitment to education for its own sake, oriented to the capacities of each individual student, free of the encumbrances of formal grading, prizes, and rankings. At the same time, we are unabashedly committed to excellence in all that we do. With a faculty and staff numbering more than 350 and over 1100 students, Saint Ann’s is among the largest and most sought-after independent schools in New York City. Occupying space in seven separate buildings clustered in Brooklyn Heights, Saint Ann’s draws most of its students from nearby Brooklyn neighborhoods as well as Manhattan. Known for its commitment to an education that brings together passionate and talented teachers with gifted and motivated students, Saint Ann’s has earned an outstanding reputation in academic disciplines and the arts.
· Prepare reports and analyzes data for review by school senior leadership.
· Assist in the preparation of materials and agendas for the Financial Aid, Admissions and Enrollment Committee of the Board of Trustees.
· Oversee financial assistance given to students for other costs and fee based programs in the school such as for lunch and activity fees. Works with faculty and administrators to identify and provide assistance to those students in need of financial assistance for other school-based costs and programs.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s preferred.
· 3-5 years of related experience; preferred experience in managing a financial aid process for a large educational institution.
· Knowledge of Excel necessary. Proficiency in SSS financial aid application system.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to meet the highest expectations of discretion and confidentiality.
· Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, demonstrated through strong cross-cultural competencies and documented formal training, among others.
· Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Professional, efficient and well organized.
A competitive compensation package, commensurate with level of experience, plus benefits.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY
Saint Ann’s School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, marital status, disability, national or ethnic origin or sexual orientation in carrying on its educational activities or in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies, financial aid programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.
DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL AID
The Director of Financial Aid is responsible for all aspects of the financial aid process. The Director works closely with the Finance Office and the Admissions Office in allocating need-based financial aid for…