The AIUSA Events team is responsible for the planning and execution of Amnesty's biggest conferences/events. We are seeking a dynamic and organized Events Assistant, who will support the Events Coordinator in planning and implementing events that range in size and scale. The Events Assistant will also support the execution of AIUSA's Annual General Meeting (AGM) taking place in the Spring of 2023.
This role requires significant attention to detail, communication, problem-solving, and collaboration skills. The ideal candidate has experience with in-person and virtual event planning, management or coordination of all aspects of the event.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assist Events Coordinator in creating processes & systems to ensure the completion of a successful event.
- Assist in managing all event logistics and execution for in-person, hybrid, and virtual events.
- Assists on the day of events, including problem-solving, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors.
- Assists in maintaining timelines and expense management, budget tracking, etc.
- Works to ensure the Events team is well-organized and consistently meets deadlines while maximizing available resources.
- Streamlines communication through logistical and administrative support.
- Communicates event goals clearly to stakeholders and provides reports on progress.
- Builds and maintains a working relationship with vendors and venues.
- Anticipates and plans for different scenarios, including potential problems that may arise.
- Works with relevant staff and volunteer leaders helps to ensure that the events continue to reflect AIUSAs brand, policies, and priorities.
- Annual General Meeting 2023:
- Provide logistical and administrative support to ensure that the Virtual and in person conference is well planned and meets all event goals.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Travel expenses will be covered by Amnesty International.
- Two years of event planning experience (virtual and in-person), knowledge and experience of administrative tasks.
- Substantial leadership skills and are able to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to present ideas fully and concisely.
- Experience using MS Office, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- An ability to report on goals and progress to team members, volunteers, and staff.
- Commitment to Amnesty International USAs mission.
- Experience as a former AIUSA intern is a plus.