Details: The salary range for this exempt position is $50,000-52,000, depending on experience.
1510 J Street
The California State Parks Foundation (CSPF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting, enhancing and advocating for California’s 280 state parks.
The Coordinator will support the advocacy work at the Foundation and will be responsible for a range of activities that include policy research and analysis, legislative efforts, budgetary issues, communications, event logistics, and other duties as assigned.
• Support CSPFs advocacy and programs work as it relates to California’s state park system
• Work at the direction of the Advocacy and Programs team to support policy research, development, analysis, coordination, and implementation
• Coordinate the engagement of various coalition partners around policy and advocacy opportunities
• Event management of CSPFs annual Park Advocacy Day in conjunction with Advocacy and Programs team
• Represent the organization externally in public forums, amongst partners and other key groups on relevant advocacy and program items
• Coordinate with various departments within the organization where efforts intersect
• Update and maintain database of park partners through Salesforce platform
• Maintain spreadsheet of expenses and track budgetary items
• Perform administrative duties in the Sacramento Office such phone support, memos, organize meetings with key constituencies, maintain electronic and hard copy files, and other duties as required
• Draft and update copy for the State Park Action Network
• Develop policy-specific content for newsletters, social media, among additional platforms
• Prepare informational briefings for elected officials and other key constituencies
• Provide updates, reports and finding on project assignment to appropriate parties
Employee benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance; 401k retirement plan; pre-tax commuter benefits; and paid vacation, holidays and sick time.
Minimum Education Required