Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Manager, Food Skills Systems Integration works closely with the Senior Program Manager, SNAP-Ed, the Colorado Associate Director and other managers to oversee all aspects of promoting, implementing, and expanding access to food skills education and policy, systems and environmental change activities in Colorado through innovative pilots that scale access to food skills for a priority audience of low-income parents and caregivers of children 0-5. This position also oversees the Colorado Cooking Matters at the Store program in accordance with national program guidelines and strategies.
- Develop and influence partners to integrate food skills education and policy, systems and environmental change activities for parents and caregivers of children aged 0-5 into existing programming or systems.
- Develop and lead strategy of all Healthy Retail activities, interventions and partnerships. This work includes building and enhancing relationships with key retailers that will support Heathy Retail activities for the purpose of scaling access to food skills education. This role will also contribute to the development and implement the evaluation strategies of Healthy Retail activities in Colorado, as well as interpret data results of interventions and summarize promising practices for wider communication.
- Lead the plan development, strategic implementation, partnership development, and adoption of the Cooking Matters App in Colorado, in accordance with National plans and goals. May also lead or contribute to other technology-based initiatives related to food skills education integration work.
- Lead Cooking Matters Colorado (CMC) efforts as part of a coalition to support the implementation of a SNAP-Ed statewide social marketing campaign which includes building relationships with key stakeholders, including funders, Colorado Department of Human Services, SNAP-Ed Implementing Agencies, retailers, government offices, celebrities, and partner organizations. This role will also execute evaluation efforts of the social marketing campaign involving CMC.
- Represent CMC in all Double Up Colorado, FINI statewide activities. Ensure that CMC interests are well represented and included in coalition planning, while also making sure that the CMC strategic elements of the project are being planned for and met annually.
- Lead CMC Local Health Champion project implementation by strengthening process development to build partnerships, provide training and technical assistance, and establish ongoing supports.
- Direct all aspects of planning and implementation to achieve gold standard Cooking Matters at the Store programmatic and priority audience statewide goals by directing and supporting staff, AmeriCorps, and programmatic partners.
- Develop and recommend strategy, budget and goals for program areas of oversight.
- Build relationships with culinary and nutrition experts, and other community members, to support outreach, recruitment, and retention of volunteers.
- Support all Share Our Strength strategies statewide, as needed, including fundraising through contributions to grant proposals and reporting, advocacy, communication and coordination among satellite and metro team members.
- Promote team values and model collaborative work and communications across the team.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Experience working with retail food sector desired.
- Experience with health education programming and engagement with low-income communities desired.
- Excellent analytical, project management, time management, budgeting, and organizational skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills through a number of channels including but not limited to web conference, email, phone, and in-person.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and maintain positive, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, organize, prioritize, and work independently on multi-step, detail-oriented projects.
- Highly effective within a fluid, entrepreneurial environment.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a commitment to ensuring all kids get the healthy food they need.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and online communications tools.
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
Working Conditions: This position will work from the Denver, Colorado Share Our Strength office. This position will travel 10% of the time, mostly across Colorado, with some regional or national travel. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. No Calls Please.
Minimum Education Required