Details: $56, 278 or higher DOE/licensure
Who we are: La Clínica de La Raza is a community-based health center committed to providing culturally appropriate, high-quality, and accessible health care to the diverse communities of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have spent over 40 years advocating for and creating a health home for the many that have been denied access to care. As health care activists, we are dedicated to making sure individuals who do not have health coverage get the same level of quality healthcare as those who have it. From our genesis as a community health center in 1971, we understood that we cannot heal our communities without also addressing the economic and social factors that affect health. Many times, this requires that we go outside and provide services in other settings to build the bridge that links individuals to our health center for preventive and primary care. Over 90,000 individuals come to La Clínica because it is a welcoming place that addresses the whole person, coordinating and connecting them to a broad network of services to improve and maintain their health and well-being. While we are still known for our activism and spirit of social justice, we are also proud to have grown into a sophisticated provider of primary health care services with 35 sites across Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano counties.
Make a healing difference in Behavioral Health:As a direct service therapist, your work is essential to the health of our communities. For too long, a patient's wellbeing was measured by his or her physical health but we know that is not the case. At La Clinica, we understand that health encompasses more than just the body and we are fully committed to advocating mental health care for our communities. Our roles present the opportunity to truly shine in your work as a healer. From the culturally sensitive behavioral health treatments to intensive case management services, your work will vary based on the populations a particular clinic serves. The work inherently calls for someone with high emotional intelligence, with a facility to connect with clients but also keep a mind toward productivity. We offer robust perks including educational leave plus stipend and FTCA malpractice coverage. In addition, we are a National Health Service Corps (NHSC) approved site for tax free loan repayment. Our clinics are located in the thriving Bay Area known for its cultural diversity, beautiful weather, highly sought after schools and year-round recreational activities.
*** We are a National Health Service Corps approved site. As such, our therapists are eligible for federal loan repayment. We also participate in state loan repayment program. Please contact us for further inquiries.
Major Areas of Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Client Care & Treatment
- Provide a full range of culturally sensitive behavioral health assessment, treatment and case management services to children and/or adults with mental health conditions.
- Screen and perform comprehensive mental health assessments, crisis intervention/ stabilization, short term individual, family and group therapy, psycho-education, individualized treatment planning, goal setting, collateral services, progress monitoring, and care coordination.
- Formulates provisional DSM and ICD-10 diagnoses which is reviewed and established under the license of the clinical supervisor
- Co-manages client care under the direction of a licensed supervisor
- Uses modalities of brief/long term counseling/treatment, including CBT, solution-focused counseling and Motivational Interviewing
Productivity and Outcomes
- Meet minimum billing goals on a monthly basis
- Service effectiveness is measured through the use of standardized outcome measurements.
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings, case conferences, and peer review process
- Other clinical, administrative, and operational duties as assigned
Commitment to Quality
- Regularly reviews clinical interventions and case documentation with supervisor
- Has flexibility in meeting client's needs
- Possesses high degree of interpersonal competence with both staff and clients
- Top-notch time management skills and interest to utilize evidence based approaches to mental health care
- Insures and monitors that all operations, procedures, interventions and documentation comply with agency, state, and county guidelines and quality assurance standards
- Well versed in mandated reporting laws, child development, family systems, stages of change, and co-occurring mental health and substance use/abuse conditions
- Knowledge of DSM-IV-R and mandated reporting laws
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of individual, couples and family therapy
- Knowledge of case management; clinical social work; physical and mental illness and their impact on personality; social aspects of mental and emotional disturbances with adolescent and adult populations
- Ability to speak Spanish and English fluently preferred
- Multi-tasking, ability to manage multiple clients' needs simultaneously
- Ability to apply casework skills effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to secure and record accurate and clinically pertinent psycho-social data
Other Certifications and Experience
- Two + years of experience in a mental health/medical/social service setting providing assessment counseling/therapy and crisis intervention services
- Experience with Specialty Mental Health Medi-Cal documentation is strongly preferred but not required
- Cultural competence working in diverse/low income and immigrant communities
- Integrated Behavioral Health Clinician I must have Masters in Social Work from an accredited program or university and be registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences or the Board of Psychology as an ASW
- Integrated Behavioral Health Clinician III must be licensed with the Board of Behavioral Sciences as an LCSW (OR the Board of Psychology as licensed PhD/PsyD)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please go to: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1161451&d=ExternalCareerSite#/