The Land Trust Alliance is the voice of the land trust community. As the national leader in policy, standards and education, we work passionately to support land trusts across America so they can save more land and better serve their communities.
Our natural places and working lands are a lifeline to clean air, water, food and good health. These lands also bring us together, inspire us and provide opportunities to recreate and recharge. The land trust community is a crucial component in this equation. With important places under continual threat, land trusts need access to the best tools, information and policy advocates. Armed with a diverse network and valuable resources, the Alliance is the land trust community’s source for the knowledge and capabilities they need to reach their goals. From tax and funding policies on Capitol Hill to innovative ideas, partnerships and initiatives, we ensure our land trust members can always be heard and achieve more.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator contributes significantly to the day-to-day operations of the human resources office by providing on-going specialized and administrative support and assistance with human resources special projects. The person in this role will respond promptly and accurately to inquiries such as employment verifications, policies, benefits, compensation, etc. The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for the administration of benefits and leave entitlements, employee engagement activities, employee file maintenance and records management and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) through the Paycom payroll system.
- Support the Senior Human Resources Director and the Human Resources Program Manager with the planning and execution of human resources related activities.
- Responsible for human resources related processes and responding to inquiries related to employee programs, supporting employee handbook updates, benefits administration, Paycom system support, employment verifications, unemployment claims and processing human resources departmental invoices.
- Under the direction of the Senior Director of Human Resources, assist with all benefits enrollment and administration including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) administration, etc.
- Participates in and provides support with benefits annual Open Enrollment
- Administer Family Medical Leave (FMLA), DC FMLA, DC Paid Family Leave, and Families First Coronavirus Response Act and other related leave requests, determine eligibility, prepare correspondence, monitor usage, and complete employee disability forms for processing.
- Assist with FMLA and paid family leave by tracking all employee leave benefits; communicating and coordinating leave benefits with third party benefits providers; conducting third party pay analysis and addressing benefits/leave questions, issues and concerns.
- Audit various invoices: review and cross-reference with Paycom and other systems for accuracy, process and reconcile corrections as necessary.
- Ensure data integrity and the accuracy of information in the Paycom payroll system.
- Prepare data reports on an ongoing or as-needed basis to include employee demographics, organizational charts, diversity stats, survey data, and ad-hoc projects as requested.
- Provide assistance, as needed with accurately processing semi-monthly payroll and working with third party payroll vendor to resolve payroll issues.
- Assist employees with Paycom access issues, errors, and related problems.
- Ensure employees submit timesheets in a timely manner and that timesheets are accurate.
- Prepare correspondence and reports at the direction of the Senior Human Resources Director.
- Assist in the recruitment, interview and off-boarding process.
- Provide support with internal Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives.
- Serve as the primary keeper of the employee record filing system and its maintenance in both physical and electronic format.
- Assist in the administration of HR policies and processes, escalating issues to the HR manager and/or the senior director when appropriate.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of employee policies and procedures manual(s).
- Update and maintain personnel files, job descriptions and other relevant documentation on the shared drive.
- Support the human resources department with special projects.
- Provide Assistance with team and organizational gifting and celebrations such as birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Maintain confidentiality of all personnel related matters.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two years human resources experience or combination of one years’ human resources skills and SHRM-CP or PHR certification.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Disciplined attention to detail, accuracy and precision.
- Demonstrated exercise of sound judgment, including handling sensitive or confidential matters.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work well independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to evaluate/interpret information and make good and independent judgements or decisions.
- Familiarity with payroll or other HRIS system is preferred.
- Basic understanding of employment -related laws FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, FCRA, IRCA, etc., and knowledge of benefits administration is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work both in teams and independently to ensure deadlines are met.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including annual travel up to (15) fifteen percent.
- Interest in land conservation preferred.
The Land Trust Alliance’s mission is to save the places people need and love by strengthening land conservation across America. The Land Trust Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or marital status.