1. Writes copy, monitors comments, and guides community engagement for UUA social media, especially for UUA Facebook pages.
2. Manages content calendar, edits content, and guides long-term content planning for UU blog spaces.
3. Contributes thought leadership, toolkits, and blogs for internal and external communications resources.
4. Designs graphics and marketing materials for UUA communications.
5. Serves as the primary responder for all general information requests coming into the UUA by e‑mail, phone, mail, and social media.
6. Schedules tours of the UUA and serves as primary trainer for UUA tour guides. Updates online and printed information resources for visitors.
7. Maintains and preserves the Association’s library collection and performs research projects with materials on-site at the request of the supervisor and the Director of Communications.
8. Manages the transfer of print and other historical materials to Harvard Divinity School, Meadville Lombard Theological School, and other sites.
9. Provides general administrative support for the Office of Outreach and Public Witness as needed.
10. Performs additional duties as requested by supervisor, the Director of Communications, the Chief Operating Officer, or the President.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
People with disabilities, people of color, indigenous people, Hispanic/Latinx, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply. The UUA is committed to developing a diverse and talented staff team. If you are excited about this role, but are unsure whether you meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage you to inquire and/or apply. Send cover letter and résumé—indicating “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line—via e‑mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax to (617) 948-6467, or to Human Resources, UUA, 24 Farnsworth Street, Boston, MA 02210. E‑mail submissions preferred.