As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit and a high standard of excellence to join our high school community, and propel our efforts to put thousands of New York City kids on a trajectory of educational excellence.
The Success Academy High School of the Liberal Arts is our flagship high school, offering a rigorous and engaging academic experience to scholars prepared by our elementary and middle school programs. We are set apart by our intensive focus on college persistence, ensuring that our mainly minority and low-income students gain not only admission to college, but also the skills to flourish in and graduate from college in four years. We now need a results-driven High School Physics Teacher to join our school community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading whole-class instruction and teaching small groups using an inquiry-based, rigorous curriculum that inspires intellectual curiosity, reinforces the joy of learning, and enables all students to thrive;
- Facilitating scholars’ increasing independence in developing their own scientific processes, from basic skills, to analyzing data, to fully internalizing the scientific method;
- Preparing scholars to take the Physics AP Exam in May;
- Working collaboratively with other teachers, assuming increased teaching responsibilities while progressing towards the Lead Science Teacher role;
- Engaging in training with school leaders to benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, accelerating learning and growth with unparalleled support;
- Developing meaningful relationships with students and parents that drive students to love learning and make exceptional academic gains; and
- Joining a highly motivated team committed to education reform, parent choice, and the building of exemplary schools.
Experiences and Qualifications:
- Have full-time teaching experience, preferably in Physics, with a proven record of propelling student intellectual growth;
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics or related field, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- GPA of 3.0 or above;
- High moral character;
- Passion for science;
- Flexibility and openness to feedback;
- Grit and perseverance; and
- Interest in working in a collaborative environment.
As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all…
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth.
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position. Resumes…