Details: Salary is competitive/ commensurate with experience.
22 Cortlandt Street, 33rd Floor
The Writing Revolution (TWR) transforms instruction across the curriculum through a proven, coherent method that enables all students to develop the literacy and critical thinking skills they need to engage productively in society. We train and support teachers and school leaders in implementing The Hochman Method, an explicit set of evidence-based strategies for teaching writing. Our approach builds from sentences to compositions and is embedded in curriculum across subjects and grades. TWR is seeking a Development Associate to support our fundraising and communications efforts as we grow.
The Development Associate will provide critical support to The Writing Revolution during this exciting time of growth. She or he will report to the Associate Director of Development & Communications and will also work with the Executive Director and Operations Team. The successful candidate will have an interest in fundraising, marketing, and operations. She or he will be highly organized, have superb written and oral communication skills, have strong research skills, have great attention to detail, possess the ability to manage multiple deadlines, and be energetic and committed to achieving results. A passion for expanding educational opportunities for students is essential.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support outreach to foundations, corporations, and individuals including mailings, emails, and calls
- Create and send acknowledgement letters as needed
- Help draft grant proposals, reports, and letters of interest to foundations and corporations
- Conduct research for donors and prospects and identify alignment to TWR program areas
- Support systems around donor data and record-keeping in Salesforce
- Manage reports and contact lists by ensuring accurate and current information and appropriately segmenting data
- Help with the planning and execution of donor cultivation events
- Support marketing activities by arranging with printers and other vendors, helping with design, and organizing mailings
- Assist with social media efforts by crafting posts, developing content, tracking analytics, and monitoring trends
- Provide general support as needed for development and communications
- Commitment to TWR’s mission and a passion for advancing education opportunities
- A bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years nonprofit development experience
- Proficiency in computer and database software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CMS; Salesforce experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Experience producing print and electronic communications; savvy in social media communications
- A willingness to perform administrative functions and provide support wherever needed
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects; strong problem-solving skills
TWR offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please email your cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample to email@example.com. Please include the subject line: 'Development Associate' for the email. TWR is an equal opportunity employer.