World Food Program USA seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. A 501c3 organization, World Food Program USA supports the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme, the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and the world’s largest humanitarian organization fighting hunger, by mobilizing American policymakers, businesses, influencers and individuals to advance the global movement to end hunger.
To help us reach this goal, the Senior Director of Marketing, Digital Advertising and Brand is a data-powered strategist with a strong creative sensibility who has experience leading the strategic development of marketing campaigns that drive awareness and donor growth; improving and building content strategy, campaign management and channel performance; and, in developing partnerships and marketing initiatives with media, influencers and other partners. In addition to serving as the deputy to the CMO, the position supervises all marketing activities, including digital and traditional advertising, social media, editorial, website management, and the development and execution of integrated, multi-channel campaigns. They will be responsible for identifying, securing and leveraging sponsorships, partnerships and other programs that build brand loyalty and awareness.
- Develop and execute an integrated, multi-channel marketing strategy that maximizes brand awareness and engagement, new donor acquisition and brand loyalty, with a strong focus on results and long-term value creation.
- Oversee small donor fundraising/advertising campaign messaging, strategy and execution in partnership with Marcomms team directors and the Chief Marketing Officer, including providing recommendations to improve campaign performance, increase brand awareness and support conversion goals, ensuring the multi-million dollar media budget is spent to optimize ROI.
- Provide direction to the web experience team in utilizing and optimizing SEO/SEM, user experience, digital advertising, promotions, and social media experience to build brand/program awareness, generate leads and engagement.
- Identify, secure and steward brand partnerships and sponsorships to help create an enabling environment for awareness building, private sector fundraising and advocacy.
- Translate strategic goals into annual plans, and work collaboratively with the team to implement them and manage the program for strong results.
- Oversee and provide direction on media buying activities, including identifying new sources of customer acquisition, scoping out new areas to increase marketing spend efficiency, and defining the focus for testing/analysis/experimentation across all channels.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and other operational metrics for all marketing, advertising and brand initiatives.
- Oversee the annual ads budget and monthly spend, setting annual KPI and targets, quarterly forecasting against lead and revenue goals, and weekly/monthly reporting against targets.
- Collaborate on the integration of media outreach and celebrity/influencer activations and advise on how to include them in existing marketing campaigns to elevate the profile of the WFP brand.
- Oversee the growth of a strong organic social media program and leverage the channels to build a significant micro-influencer cohort.
- Collaborate closely with the Chief Marketing Officer on public relations activities, top-tier celebrity/influencer partnerships and stewardship, executive management and other communications strategies and efforts.
- Enable the organization and the team to adapt plans quickly to address new humanitarian emergencies, developing commensurate marketing and advertising plans around emergency relief efforts.
- Manage the relationship with key stakeholders at WFP headquarters, fostering open collaborative communication and the exchange of initiatives, learnings and performance.
- Mentor, coach, and develop the team, guiding the development of individual team members and working to position the team for success both internally and externally.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field (i.e. marketing, communications, international affairs, or related field)
- 10+ years of relevant marketing and communications experience with demonstrated success in all or most of the functional areas; must have at least 5 years in a leadership or supervisory role; must have experience in a nonprofit environment.
- Proven experience developing brand building strategies with a view to building brand awareness and engagement, new donor acquisition and strengthening the lifetime value of donors.
- Extensive experience creating and running integrated, multi-channel campaigns that engage existing and new audiences, building the brand and driving strong returns on investment.
- A firm understanding of how to build campaigns across digital and traditional advertising channels so as to maximize their impact, as well as of the critical roles of owned, earned and paid initiatives.
- Experience leading a team of strong marketing professionals and taking growing program to new heights.
- Strong analytical skills and a results-driven mindset, with the ability to develop performance management dashboards and models, translate data and information into actionable insights, and work closely with the team to deliver strong results. Must have expertise in using and translating Google Analytics.
- A great communicator with exceptional writing/editing, verbal communication and presentation skill sets.
- Proven track record of lateral leadership and a strong ability to work across teams to support mid- and major donor outreach, corporate and foundation partnership development, and public policy engagements.
- Ability to work independently without close oversight, while being a strong team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside WFP USA.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time, managing a heavy workload.
- Impeccable integrity, judgment, and discretion along with a professional demeanor and interpersonal style that elicits trust from leadership, funders, staff, and partners.
- Strong interest and or experience in humanitarian assistance, international development or global hunger.