The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is a great place to work! IDSA has a highly competitive total compensation package, offers flexible work arrangements and our organizational culture is highly rated by staff. This is currently a remote role and will have an onsite arrangement when the office re-opens. Our new office is located two blocks from the metro and has a free gym onsite for all employees.
This incumbent will provide administrative and programmatic support to the Talent and Organizational Development (T&OD) team including both regular and non-recurring projects, and executive support for board and governance processes.
This role has a dual reporting structure and will report to both the Vice President of Talent and Organizational Development and the Chief Executive Officer.
FLSA Status - Non-exempt
Talent and Organizational Development
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resources files, records, and documentation; create and maintain department reports and organizational documents.
- Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Coordinate staff meetings and events (retreats, open enrollment, recognition events, engagement opportunities and celebrations).
- Provide program support for the Society’s Inclusion, Diversity, Access, and Equity activities.
- Assist with administering the Rewards and Recognition program.
- Coordinate onboarding and new hire activities.
- Support the recruitment and online talent review processes.
- Reconcile monthly department credit card statement.
- Proofread documents and presentations.
- Development Committee, COI Ethics Committee and other assigned groups.
- Coordinate and manage meetings for Board of Directors, Executive Committee and Leadership.
- Draft minutes for all assigned Board and committee meetings in a timely manner.
- Manage annual process for Board of Directors elections and assist with coordinating orientation
- Manage annual process for soliciting and selecting committee volunteers.
- Maintain, in coordination with the Marketing, Communications and Membership Department, the volunteer section of the Society’s website.
- Manages service recognition programs for the Board and committees.
- Manage the annual process for Conflict-of-Interest disclosure forms.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and electronic files
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Three years of experience in a similar role; two years of experience supporting a human resources or governance function is preferred
- Associate degree preferred
- Association or nonprofit experience preferred
- Experience coordinating requests from multiple managers
- Ability to maintain confidential human resources information, files and records
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Sound judgment and good decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced, professional environment while meeting deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint)
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple priorities and deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency extracting reports from membership database
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn systems or computer applications
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
All offers of employment with IDSA are contingent upon a successful background and or credit check.