COMPANY OVERVIEW: Catholic Charities is the social ministry outreach of the Archdiocese of Washington. We believe in strengthening the lives of all in need by giving help that empowers and hope that lasts. Catholic Charities works to create a world in which every person is cherished, regardless of individual limitations, and strengthened in the use of personal gifts in order to reach his or her full potential as a valued member of the community. We are looking for exceptional people who share our vision and values.
Inspiring Hope. Building Futures.
JOB SUMMARY: We are seeking a BILINGUAL Attorney to join our Immigration Legal Services Team!!
The Attorney will provide legal advice and representation in accord with the best practice of the profession. Assist the Program Director with all internal and external reporting. Supervise assigned interns/volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interview individuals seeking legal assistance and advise the client as to possible options through proper interpretation of current laws.
• Provide ongoing legal representation to the client commencing with the initial intake interview, drafting of documents, correspondence and client applications/petitions.
• Conduct outreach activities in the community with respect to legal issues.
• Assist with the proper supervision of assigned interns/volunteers.
• Ensure the timely submission of all external and internal program reports.
• Serve as liaison between the program and community partners.
• Complete Continuing Legal Education, in addition to any and all licensing requirements for the Jurisdiction where the attorney is licensed to practice.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Law Degree (J.D.)
• Admission to the practice of law in any state and/or Washington, DC (Maryland Bar Preferred).
• 1+ years experience in immigration law.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
• Bi-lingual required (English and French or Spanish).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent public speaking skills in English and Spanish or French.
• Demonstrated cultural competence and cultural responsiveness.
Generous full benefits package
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual required (English and French or Spanish)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply for the role directly by using the link above. Thank you and we look forward to receiving your application!