This position provides trauma, clinical, mental health and domestic violence expertise to support JTS staff, interns and volunteers. Additionally, the CS coordinates, and may present trauma informed workshops to domestic abuse survivors in parenting children who are exposed to domestic abuse. In conjunction with the JTS program director, the CS provides MSW clinical supervision to the VOCA funded JTS Advocate and JTS MSW student during the academic year. The CS is responsible for aspects of the Journey to Self-Empowerment Program which recruits, trains and supervises volunteers to mentor JTS clients on achieving economic security and empowerment. The CS will maintain and develop appropriate resources to support JTS clients to achieve economic security and empowerment e.g. career, financial, educational resources. The CS provides clinical supervision and training for Journey to Safety staff, Interns and volunteers through regular individual and group meetings.
- 5-7 years' experience as an LICSW supervisor
- 5-7 years' experience working with survivors of domestic abuse, domestic abuse advocates and/or clinicians
- Experience working with and supervising volunteers
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills and experience creating and facilitating workshops
- Experience on the effects of domestic abuse on children and complex child custody cases a plus
- Ability to maintain flexible schedule in accordance with program needs; i.e. some evenings and/or weekends may be required.
- Must be flexible, mature, responsible, and organized.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other software programs as required by the position
This position is grant funded and begins July 1, 2018.
JF&CS believes in developing talent and offers extensive opportunities for promotion for highly qualified employees. JF&CS offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and a benefit package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and employee referral bonuses.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JF&CS has gone tobacco free at our Waltham campus.