Full Time Temporary
108-25 62nd Drive
Borough of Queens
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt (Temporary)
SALARY: $18 P/Hour
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm 35 Hours/Week
Data Entry/ Office Assistant
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs and services for Children and Youth, Adults and Families, and Older Adults. We are a modern interpretation of the traditional settlement house, bringing to our work current best practices, cost-effective management, innovative leadership, and a passion for social and economic justice. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive com-munities. We welcome amazing individuals who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives.
We are seeking a qualified Data Entry/Office Assistant with a strong commitment to social services and to help improve the quality of life of individuals, families and communities. The Queens Community House Eviction Prevention Program assists families who are receiving public assistance and are in danger of becoming homeless or are homeless and searching for permanent housing. S/he will be responsible for collecting, reviewing and inputting a high volume of participant service, demographic, and outcome data into a Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Enter participant intake and assessment data into an HMIS information system.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of participant data, including monitoring for errors.
- Manage participant data and the reporting systems of various funders, including meeting with program director to ensure monthly deadlines are met and service entry is accurate.
- Monitor grant reporting schedule to ensure timely submission of data from Housing Specialists.
- Participate in relevant continuous quality improvement projects.
- Assist in the preparation for funder site-visits and program audits.
- Review and understand applicable federal regulations.
- Screen and direct incoming calls and referrals.
- Assist with the management of appointment calendar.
- At times assist with coverage of reception area.
- Establish good working relationship with Housing Specialists (End Users)
- Schedule and communicate to users about trainings, webinars, and workshops.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field preferred; however an equivalent combination of applicable training and experience may be substituted for education requirements.
- Knowledge of CoC HMIS and data requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to express technical concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of multiple applications.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work load.
- Superior attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
This position is temporary and available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such Staff can earn up annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Data Entry/Office Assistant” to Mmoore@qchnyc.org or Msotomayor@qchnyc.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER v DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Minimum Education Required