Details: $25 - $30 per hour
240 Second Avenue
Mission: CDI is a nonprofit organization that provides free academic, career readiness and social services to 3,500 New York City public high school students and alumni. CDI provides these services through a network of three partner schools, and at a fourth site, the CDI Career Academy.
About the CDI Career Academy: The CDI Career Academy is a distinctive sectoral primary care healthcare employment model that engages employers, CUNY and other training organizations to provide an intensive training model for young adults who are graduates of CDI's three New York City public high school partners: Manhattan Comprehensive Night & Day High School, The High School for Health Professions and Human Services, and City As School High School. This program is located at Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC).
- Assist with maintenance and updates of the online learning platform site.
- Tutor those students who need to retake the TABE exam in mathematics and reading comprehension .
- Assist with educational workshops for students on studying, growth mindset, test-taking strategies, test anxiety, etc.
- When students begin occupational training structure tutoring sessions in alignment with subject matters. In addition to communicating with instructors regarding each student's progress and identify areas of improvement.
- Provide college preparation assistance for students.
- Create tracking tools for monitoring student progress in the program.
- Conduct data entry
Minimum Education Required