Details: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
3727 W. 6th St.
The Korean American Coalition-Los Angeles is a nonprofit organization established in 1983 to promote the civic and civil rights interests of the Korean American community.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for overseeing KAC’s programs and will report to the Executive Director. The KAC Program Coordinator is responsible for conceiving, organizing, promoting, and implementing various KAC programs, including but not limited to the National College Leadership Conference (NCLC), Summer College Internship Program (SCIP), Model United Nations (MUN) Program, Voter Registration and Education Program, and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Center.
We are looking for an extraordinary leader who is resourceful, detail oriented, and a go getter. Above all else, you must possess the mindset that your work contributes to creating positive change in the community. It's essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of serving the Korean American community and engaging youth.
- Works on and implements project plans for various KAC programs
- Prepares and executes action plans for various KAC programs and projects
- Takes part in outreach to target audiences for each of KAC’s programs
- Recruits, selects, trains, coordinates, and evaluates volunteers and interns for supporting KAC events, programs, and activities
- Collaborates with KAC staff to accomplish organizational goals and deliverables
- Communicates regularly with Executive Director regarding program and project changes and progress
- Promotes KAC and its programs through social media, newsletters, website, in-person events, and mainstream and ethnic media
- Provides information as necessary for grant/foundation/funding proposals
- Develops and administers budgets for programs
- Regularly engages with program participants and community members
- Seek out opportunities for collaboration with other community organizations
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Minimum of one year of experience working with youth or teen programming
- Must be self-directed, driven, detail-oriented, and organized
- Must have extensive research, public speaking, and writing skills
- Must be willing to take 40 hours of mediation training (paid for by KAC)
- Ability to travel
- Self-starter, initiating activities within the framework provided / developed with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities / activities
- Ability to travel
- Bilingual (English / Korean) preferred
- Experience with social media and marketing preferred
This is a full-time position and involves leading 2.5-hour classes once a week from September to May, as well as joining the MUN team at each conference they attend during the year. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and 2 references to email@example.com. If you have any questions, you can email our Community Outreach Coordinator, Sophia Shin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Level of Language Proficiency
Korean (Fluent), English (Fluent)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and 2 references to email@example.com. If you have any questions, you can email our Community Outreach Coordinator, Sophia Shin at firstname.lastname@example.org.