PARK AVENUE ARMORY
Part American palace, part industrial shed, Park Avenue Armory is dedicated to supporting unconventional works in the visual and performing arts that need non-traditional spaces for their full realization, enabling artists to create and audiences to experience epic and adventurous presentations that cannot be mounted elsewhere in New York City.
“Few cultural institutions have been as adept at pushing the cultural FOMO button, triggering that “fear of missing out” that New Yorkers hate…” –The New York Times
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Oversee the overall day to day operations of the ticketing department from the daily sales to scheduling staff for daytime and evening operations. The Ticket Services Manager will ensure a hospitable, smooth and efficient operation. Responsible for programming and monitoring the Tessitura ticketing system, tracking daily sales and deposits, ticket account management and fulfillment, supervise ticketing staff, and providing the highest level of customer service to all guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Run the box office both during the day and during performances/events, manage all ticket-buyer relations, including customer service, logistical support, and sales by phone, online, and in-person.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, respond promptly to customer inquiries and requests
· Set up events and tours, including the creation of all seating charts, defining and mapping all Facility elements, including seats, price zones, inventory, N-scan compatibility, price maps, and scaling, and test all elements.
· Define all Season elements including on-sale dates, Productions, Performances, etc.
· Create and maintain all held and allocated ticket inventory.
· Create, maintain and distribute all daily box office sales information, including sales, holds, revenues, performance against budget, etc. Provide final revenue on a production level information to Finance. Utilize T-stats for detailed reporting on inventory, holds and revenue by zone, ticket distribution statistics, etc.
·Hire, train, schedule and supervise part-time box office staff at all events. Develop and maintain documentation and training material on box office policies and procedures and ensure staff is fully trained in handling customer issues and explaining policy regarding ticket sales
·Advise and assist with the implementation, reporting, and generating of event reports using the Tessitura ticketing system
·Work with the Marketing Department on setting up subscription packages and other discounts and promotions
·In conjunction with the Marketing Department, implement dynamic pricing models and subsequent analysis for future planning for all events
·Work closely with accounting on executing proper cash handling and cash control procedures.
· Three to five years Box Office experience
· Minimum of three years management experience strongly preferred
· Knowledge of the Tessitura system and T-stats reporting is required
· Must be able to work well independently and to manage, train, and motivate others
· Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills required
· Candidate must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities in sometimes high stress situations
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other Windows applications required
· Position requires the ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
· Candidate should have cash handling experience and experience in scheduling staff members
· Candidate must also have the ability to work with the public and possess conflict resolution skills
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary expectations in a single word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name. All submissions should be emailed to HumanResources@armoryonpark.org with “Ticket Services Manager” in the subject line. Only resumes and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
Park Avenue Armory is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
Minimum Education Required