About LA Commons:
We engage communities in the creation of art for public spaces that tells their unique stories and serves as the basis for dialogue, interaction and a better understanding of Los Angeles. Through collaboration with local partners who have built deep wells of trust, we leverage art and cultural approaches to create positive change.
Since 2002, we have worked with over 1,000 artists, trained and mentored over 3,000 youth artists, and engaged over 35,000 community members in collaboration with scores of partners in neighborhoods across Los Angeles County. Headquartered in Leimert Park, we are committed to investing in resilient networks of youth, artists and community partners in Central and South Los Angeles.
Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Operations and Strategy
Status: Part-time hourly, non-exempt
Terms: Commensurate with experience.
Reporting to the Director of Strategy and Operations, this role is an integral part of the team of this mission-driven, fiscally sponsored non-profit arts and culture organization. The Coordinator will provide support and occasional leadership, to maintain a work environment and processes that optimize and facilitate the program, communications, development and financial activities of the organization.
• Manage the shared drives and calendar, email and other online administrative systems
• Organize and maintain the office (when conditions allow for safe return)
• Maintain the supplies and equipment necessary
• Support the maintenance of the relationship management system (database)
• Maintain hardware inventory, password manager and records of systems access
• Perform research for new operations initiatives and support implementation of new systems
• Coordinate the creation of onboarding materials and new hire logistics and training
• Provide support for culture-building and professional development activities
• Manage weekly accounts payable, invoices and payment processing, including collecting and maintaining documentation
• Record income and deposits and maintain records
• Record accounts receivable and support the invoicing and collection of payments due
• Responsible for account reconciliations, including credit cards and fiscal receiver account
• Prepare financial reports, monthly and upon request
• Other administrative duties as assigned
Skills and qualifications:
• Organized, detail oriented and reliable
• Demonstrated interest in nonprofit operations
• Experience processing financial transactions and generating financial reports
• Proficiency with QuickBooks, Excel, Sheets (Certify, Accufund a plus!)
• Proficiency with database, CRM and project management systems (Salesforce a plus!)
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Strong organizational skills and time management ability; deadline and detail oriented; capacity to prioritize competing responsibilities
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Ability to be proactive and suggest improvements
4343 Leimert Park Blvd. Los Angeles 90008
LA Commons is a fiscally sponsored project of Community Partners, an Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
If you're experiencing technical issues please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About LA Commons:
We engage communities in the creation of art for public spaces that tells their unique stories and serves as the basis for dialogue, interaction and a better understanding of Los Angeles. Through collaboration with local…
Benefits include paid holidays and vacation, a 403(b) plan with employer match, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, Metro pass, and a range of professional development opportunities.
Benefits include paid holidays and vacation, a 403(b) plan with employer match, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, Metro pass, and a range of professional development…