111 Queen Anne Avenue North
THE SALVATION ARMY
NORTHWEST DIVISIONAL HEADQUARTERS
Title: Arts Education Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Music and Gospel Arts
Divisional Secretary for Program
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Computer with Microsoft Office programs, Finale or Sibelius, general office equipment, musical instruments, motor vehicle, multimedia equipment, translation equipment, Divisional lighting system.
An active, uniformed soldier of The Salvation Army, preferably with a minimum AA Degree or comparable work experience. Proven ability and experience in performing, teaching, programming, and directing gospel arts groups. The ability to obtain a WA drivers license, and be over the age of 21.
Ability to motivate others to learn; ability to relate to children; knowledge of acting and/or dance technique; ability to direct, teach, and train creative artists of all proficiency; writing skills; understanding of Salvation Army mission and philosophy of ministry. Have an appreciation of the place of music and gospel arts in meaningful and inspiring public worship. Ability to face the challenge of balancing creative arts in worship with our traditional brass bands and choral groups. Ability to work as part of a team.
Summary of Responsibility:
To work with the Director of Music and Gospel Arts in providing leadership, direction and creative programming for all phases of Gospel Arts ministry programs. All other duties as assigned by the Director of Music and Gospel Arts.
Definitions of Responsibilities:
1. Work with Corps, students, parents, and volunteers to build and enhance quality creative arts programs at various NW Division locations.
2. Assist in devising curriculums/teaching methods and make sure Corps arts programs adhere to it.
3. Teach drama/dance troupes and coach individuals as assigned.
4. Lead or participate in Divisional Groups as assigned
5. Encourage the growth and development of students of all ages and abilities throughout the school year, and promote their attendance and involvement in corps and divisional music & arts programs/camps
6. Assist the Director of Music and Gospel Arts in the direction and leadership for any gospel arts required for special events such as Camp meetings, Youth Councils, and other Divisional events. This could include the formation of the necessary ensembles or writing of drama pieces needed to achieve the desired outcome.
7. Assist with promotion, planning, and execution of Divisional Encore.
8. Serve as Assistant Program Director for Musical Theatre Camp.
9. Assist in maintaining/organizing the Divisional Gospel Arts Resource Library with fully updated catalogues and help oversee the distribution of printed materials, multimedia resources, props, costumes, and related equipment to the Corps for weekly programs/requests.
10. To promote the Western Music Institute, encouraging maximum participation by the creative artists of the Division.
11. To attend conferences and events outside the Division as requested and approved by the Divisional Commander (i.e. Alaska Congress, WMI, Territorial Congress, Territorial Music Ensembles).
12. To assist in the maintaining and operating of Divisional Lighting Equipment at specified functions and to adequately train other individuals to set up and operate the equipment.
13. To assist in the formation of a Christmas quartet. To be a member of the Christmas quartet.
14. To perform other duties as requested by the Director of Music and Gospel Arts.
Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis
Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead.
Ability to operate a telephone
Ability to operate a desktop or laptop computer
Ability to lift up to 25 lb. (instruments, file boxes, sound equipment)
Ability to access and produce information from a computer (Word Processor, music notation software)
Ability to understand written information
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy request as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insureance
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability & Supplemental Life Insurance
- 403(b) (no matching)
- Competitive time off package
- Company provided parking
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume