1301 Connecticut Avenue NW
District of Columbia
Responsible for providing a range of administrative support services for 14-person Washington office, monitoring and analyzing state-level policy development related to sexual and reproductive health and rights (including abortion, contraception, HIV and STIs, pregnancy and services for adolescents) and assisting in the execution of public policy division research projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative Support (40%)
- Interface with NY-based Finance division, building management and vendors;
- Organize travel and conference registrations;
- Monitor and excerpt daily press reports, Federal Register and Congressional Record;
- Liaise with NY-based IT staff and provide IT troubleshooting assistance;
- Coordinate internal meetings and videoconference use;
- Liaise with building staff and management on building maintenance and operations issues;
- Coordinate internal and external distribution lists;
- Respond to and/or direct public information requests;
- Compile monthly Public Policy Highlights and similar reports;
- Update Institute’s impact database; and
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by supervisor
State Policy Monitoring (40%)
- Track state legislation, regulation and litigation related to sexual and reproductive health and rights;
- Maintain databases of pending and enacted legislation;
- Participate in drafting and online posting of monthly, quarterly and annual updates;
- Participate in compiling, maintaining and distributing state issues toolkits; and
- Update policy sections of factsheets and Data Center indicators.
Public Policy Research Projects (20%)
- Provide research assistance; and
- Assist with fact and citation checking.
· Bachelor’s degree, and minimum of one year office experience post-Bachelor, required.
· Understanding of state-level reproductive health policy development a plus.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including facility with Access, experience searching Lexis-Nexis databases preferred.
· Ability to synthesize and analyze information, especially in writing.
· Organized and detail-oriented.
· Ability to set priorities, juggle tasks, work independently and meet deadlines.
· Comfortable working as part of a team.
Salary and benefits
Salary in the mid $40ks, depending upon experience. Excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, commuting subsidy, and generous time off.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit resume and cover letter here. Applications will be accepted through May 4, 2018.