Details: 20 hours a week @ $16.00/hour
The Seward Park Conservancy is hiring a Development Associate to help manage day-to-day activities and support the work of the Conservancy’s Board of Directors. We are seeking a highly motivated and self-directed individual to work on fundraising and communications initiatives that will increase our contributed revenue and community presence.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable managing a range of projects, from maintaining our website and social media to helping execute our fall cocktail party fundraiser. This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference in improving one of NYC’s most iconic parks in the heart of the Lower East Side.
Initially this position will be home-based, 20 hours per week, and will report to the Board President. The Development Associate will also work directly with other board members on specific projects.
- Coordinate planning, logistics and fundraising for annual Fall Cocktail Party in collaboration with Board Event Committee.
- Manage and write Conservancy online communications including website updates, social media (Facebook and Instagram) and newsletter and emails to Conservancy supporters and prospects.
- Attend and participate in monthly Board of Directors meetings, and accompany Board members on meetings with the NYC Parks Department, elected officials and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Manage Conservancy donors including sending gift acknowledgements in a timely manner, maintaining an accurate donor list, and responding to general inquiries.
- Assist with the recruitment of Seward Park volunteers for projects in the Park in collaboration with board member who has been leading this effort.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to draft and edit a range of materials.
- Excellent computer/online skills including MS Office, websites (Squarespace), Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Facebook and Instagram. Knowledge of InDesign highly desirable.
- Can work occasional evenings (1-3 days per month) to attend board meetings and community events.
- Commitment to the Conservancy’s mission, including a strong interest in parks, historic preservation, and the Lower East Side community.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Position will be 20 hours per week at an hourly rate of $16 per hour.
About the Seward Park Conservancy
The Seward Park Conservancy advocates for Seward Park and its historic playground in the heart of Manhattan's Lower East Side. Now in our fourth year, the Conservancy’s dedicated Board of Directors and volunteers have helped secure $6.8 million in Seward Park improvements, much of it through our campaign to win funding through the city’s innovative Parks Without Borders program. Our 2018 priorities include:
- Building on our relationship with the Parks Department to restore more of the Park, including historic Schiff Fountain;
- Advocating for increased Park funding from government and private sources;
- Expanding summer programming for children and families;
- Securing more resources for the maintenance and upkeep of Seward Park.
Level of Language Proficiency
Ideally, but not a requirement, the Development Associate candidate would have knowledge of Spanish and Chinese languages
Minimum Education Required