Membership Manager (Toronto, ON or Washington, DC)
- Job posted by Institutional Limited Partners Association (ILPA)
Full Time Contract
1800 M Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Institutional Limited Partners Association (ILPA) seeks a maternity leave cover for a contract term of twelve months for a highly motivated individual looking to work in a fast-pace and dynamic member organization serving the needs of institutional investors (pensions, endowments, foundations, insurance companies) into private equity funds.
The position reports to the Managing Director, Membership and Events and will be located in either Toronto, Ontario or Washington, DC.
This position is a maternity leave cover and is for a contract term of twelve months. That said, ILPA is a fast-expanding organization with growing resource requirements and an appreciation for performance. Therefore, it is probable that full-time opportunities will be available as the contract concludes, for a successful contractor.
The Membership Manager will be a key member of ILPA’s membership team, responsible for planning and implementing priority initiatives identified by the organization. The successful manager will coordinate cross-functionally within ILPA, with current & potential members and, where relevant, with external stakeholders from across the private equity ecosystem.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and communicating insights into ILPA’s current and potential member base, including prioritizing prospective members, analyzing member engagement, and identifying “at-risk” members
- Managing the ILPA Ambassador program, identifying, qualifying, and engaging tenured members to connect with new members; manage the quarterly communication process
- Engaging with ILPA’s Salesforce database and Pardot marketing platform, helping the ILPA team communicate to better serve our members
- Contributing to strategic, cross-functional ILPA initiatives which may include:
- Defining and evaluating options to engage non-member stakeholders important to the private equity ecosystem
- Analyzing the cost of acquiring members and / or the effectiveness of various forms of investment and activity on member acquisition
- Supporting an initiative to better understand and meet the diverse needs of the various segments of ILPA’s membership
Skills and Experience
The qualified candidate will have 3-5 years of experience or equivalent with customer relations, consulting, financial analysis and / business insights, and will demonstrate an interest in advancing ILPA’s mission and goals. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree required; quantitative focus e.g. finance, statistics or analytics considered an asset
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce considered a strong asset
- Analytical mindset, with experience leveraging data to identify patterns
- Demonstrated project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Customer-centric, with experience dealing with senior executives
- An entrepreneurial, motivated self-starter
- Experience with private markets and / or demonstrated interest in learning about them
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter to Shawna Kaufman, Managing Director of Membership & Events, at SKaufman@ilpa.org. EOE.