Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Associate Director of Digital Marketing and CRM, the Senior Manager, Digital Content and Communications leads the development of all Celebrity Series of Boston marketing copy and content creation across a wide variety of channels to achieve departmental and institutional objectives. This role is responsible for working cross-departmentally on the execution of integrated project plans to thoughtfully prepare for season launch, subscriptions campaigns, event promotions and more. This role will champion the company’s equity and inclusion goals within all communications projects and channels. The Senior Manager, Digital Content and Communications manages the Assistant Manager, Email Marketing and Social Media and works closely with the Associate Director of Marketing.
Web and Digital Content Creation:
- Build and populate web pages across the site, including institutional messaging pages, performance detail pages, digital performances pages, free event detail pages, venue pages, and more
- In collaboration with marketing department and programming team, collect all artist assets from management including bios, photos, videos, and additional artist assets
- Proofread and edit all web content creation to ensure consistency across all web pages including formatting, style, and brand voice.
- Ensure consistency between writers across the organization contributing to the website, providing leadership and oversight over content created before it is added to the site
- Work directly with web development vendor (Fastspot) in collaboration with Associate Director, Digital Marketing and CRM, to optimize web design, prioritizing readability, storytelling, and mobile first development
- Research, conceptualize, write, and edit descriptive marketing copy for all artistic presentations in the Celebrity Series of Boston season, including our free community engagement programming and ticketed in person and digital events
- Write and produce long form storytelling for organization, including season level messages, articles about upcoming Celebrity Series programs, and more
- Develop and maintain an organization wide style guide
- Collaborate with the Advancement department on the creation of institutional messaging and implementation of strategic Celebrity Series brand objectives, including the annual report
- Works in partnership with the Associate Director of Marketing on copy needed for the execution of the Celebrity Series direct mail and print program, including writing brochures, postcards, newspaper ads, flyers, and more
- With the Design and Multimedia Manager, assists with video messaging and branding, including writing scripts for interviews, proofreading video captions and lower thirds, and creating copy for credit or intro slides
- Optimize copy for different channel placements including direct mail, web, email, and print
- Edits Celebrity Series content with a lens of inclusivity and accessibility, ensuring that all content produced by Celebrity Series is in line with the organization’s equity and inclusion goals
- Builds branding, promotional, and institutional email communications using email management system, Wordfly
- Identifies opportunities for A/B testing of email marketing campaigns, experimenting with subject lines, content, and promotional tactics
- Develops plans for segmentation and personalization of email content, creating conditional blocks in email templates and tailoring messaging to segments in the database, using individual personalization of emails effectively to increase open rates and ensure content is relevant to readers
- In collaboration with Tessitura Consulting, creates and monitors triggered email marketing campaigns and identifies opportunities for enhanced automation of emails
- Continually evaluates branding and content of email campaigns to ensure readability, engagement, and style
- Creates segmentation strategies for emails using extractions to include strategic lists in email campaigns and communications
- Develops mobile first email content, optimizing each promotional email for mobile screens
- Uses email marketing analytics to evaluate success of email marketing program and apply learnings to iterate and experiment with future email marketing tactics
- Directly supervises Assistant Manager, Email Marketing and Social Media and is responsible for coaching, training, and development of employee
- Influences through leadership among interdepartmental managers and close collaboration with leaders in other departments across the organization
- Assists direct report with social media content and monitoring as needed, including writing paid and organic social posts, replying to patron comments, and engaging with artists and brands from the Celebrity Series social media handles
- Attends weekly, cross-departmental communications meetings
- Represents Celebrity Series at performances and events
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience in writing content for an organization on a variety of communications channels with an emphasis on equity and inclusion goals
- Knowledge of grammar and style with an eye for consistency
- Experience using website CMS, social media, and email marketing tools
- Willingness to support, assist, and collaborate with CS colleagues in all departments
- Attendance at evening and weekend performances and special events is required, in addition to regular weekday office hours
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (preferred)
- Previous experience and/or interest in arts and culture (preferred)
- Previous CRM & database experience (preferred)
- Previous management experience (preferred)
$60,000 - $68,000 dependent upon experience
Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 403(B) retirement plan, Short and Long Term Disability,
paid vacation and sick time and tickets to events (when available).
The Celebrity Series offices are located in the Park Square Office Building at 20 Park Plaza, Suite 1032, in Boston’s Back Bay. The building is convenient to public transportation and is fully accessible. Office hours are Monday thru Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Please note that this posting will remain open until we have received a diverse pool of candidates.
The Celebrity Series of Boston, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates demonstrating diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, and national origin. Celebrity Series is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, artist and audience focus, and innovation.