Districts of Republican Subordination
Oxfam is a global movement of millions of people who share the belief that, in a world rich in resources, poverty isn't inevitable. Oxfam GB has worked in Tajikistan since 2001. Initially Oxfam responded to drought and other needs in the aftermath of the civil war. Current programmes include a Drinking Water Supply and Governance project, community based Disaster Risk Reduction and Economic Justice (EJ) - with focus on livelihoods, including small holder farmers, household energy, collective marketing and natural resource management, climate change advocacy and local governance.
Oxfam vision for Tajikistan is to empower poor women and men in rural Tajikistan to enable them to proactively claim their rights to better living conditions. In Oxfam’s vision result can be seen with poor people and women claiming their rights to: access to safe water and sanitation, business opportunities, markets, resources and services, more investments and poverty reduction. In this role you will be responsible for the development and implementation of fundraising strategy and activities.
Reporting to the Country Director, the Country Funding Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
· Maintain strategic leadership for programme funding in Tajikistan
· Focal point for Oxfam International funding communications and negotiations (case by case basis)
· Upgrade and execute a country programme funding strategy in line with Oxfam Country Strategy for the next 5 years, including management of the country funding grid
· Understand the needs, approaches and strategy of the country programmes to identify donor possibilities and synergies with other programmes for further development.
· Develop relationships and funding possibilities with donors and partners
· Support the Country Director and programme teams to ensure contract management of donor funds by providing strategic managerial advice on issues where necessary
· Provide training and induction to programme staff on project cycle management, donor requirements, Oxfam's internal procedures in relation to donors and other related issues
· Research and map existing and new donor prospects
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a dynamic and credible leader with the following:
· Relevant experience in fundraising from institutional and multilateral donors in particular from DFID, European Commission, and others in Europe, USA and Canada
· Experience in complex programmatic approaches, ability to absorb approaches quickly and deliver in accordance to strategic focus
· Ability to represent Oxfam to donors and external institutions
· Gender knowledge and cultural sensitivity with a strong commitment and understanding of the values and principles of Oxfam
· Problem-solving skills on diverse, non-routine problems
· Influencing/negotiating skills with peers and external contacts (e.g. donors)
· Good communication skills, written and verbal, fluency in English
· Experience in raising funds from Corporations and/or large trusts and foundations non-traditional donors (desirable)
Location: Tajikistan – Dushnabe
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: as per Global C2 range
Job Type: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 7 September 2018
How to apply:
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please download the full job profile and apply online via the link below:
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Due to the urgency of this role, we may be reviewing CVs and interviewing candidates in advance of the closing date. For this reason, interested candidates are asked to submit their application as soon as possible.
Oxfam International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
Minimum Education Required