Part time (with benefits) Partner, Teacher Recruitment and Operations
- Job posted by Wildflower Foundation
730 North 4th Street
Who are we?
The Wildflower Foundation is a nonprofit organization working to nurture the organic growth of Wildflower Schools, a network of teacher-led, child-centered authentic Montessori learning environments that support families from diverse backgrounds as they follow life’s unfolding journey. Wildflower schools are one-two room, shopfront, teacher-led Montessori schools, committed to equity and wholeness practices and grounded in a deep belief in the awe-inspiring potential of human beings - both children and adults. The Wildflower Foundation nurtures the conditions for Wildflower schools to organically grow across the U.S. and eventually around the world.
The Wildflower Foundation operates a bit differently from a typical non-profit organization - we are decentralized and nonhierarchical, rooted deeply in our values of Connectedness and Growth; our norms of Awareness, Kindness, and Autonomy with Support; and the 9 Principles that guide our schools’ design.
Partners at The Wildflower Foundation participate in a system of governance in which autonomy is valued and decision-making is disseminated through all Partners in the network.
A Summary of the Role of Partner
The Wildflower Foundation is looking for a driven person with an entrepreneurial spirit who shares our commitment to equity, innovation, wholeness, and Montessori education to take on a number of projects that will support the growth of Wildflower schools throughout the U.S. by designing, implementing and supporting national teacher recruitment and engagement strategy. The Partner will work closely with the Partner, Montessori Teacher Engagement/Landscape who will serve as an expert on Montessori culture and as a thought partner on issues of equity and general strategy outreach.
This work includes:
- Designing and implementing national outreach, marketing and engagement strategy to attract diverse pools of Montessori teachers at all levels to Wildflower schools
- Coordinating with Wildflower communications staff to design and create effective social media campaigns to spread the word about potential of opening Wildflower schools
- Identifying, managing and training staff on appropriate tracking systems for interested candidates
- Drafting and managing all candidate communications to ensure all interested teachers experience a thoughtful process
- Providing operations support as needed for teacher engagement events
- Creating data systems and reports to ensure applicant pools reflect the global majority
- Providing advice and thought partnership to partners as they work to engage future teacher leaders for the regional hubs
- Aid in the creation of toolkits and additional resources for regional hubs
Who are we looking for?
The ideal person for this work is passionate about equity in education, independent, organized, skilled at creating new systems, creative, detail-oriented, and committed to creating thriving communities and schools for all.
Generally, we have found individuals with the below attitudes thrive within our unique culture:
- Adept Relationship Builder: You are curious and enjoy getting to know new people. Helping others succeed brings you joy
- Innovative leadership – Your default mode is “yes.” You are flexible, open-minded, see opportunity in obstacles, and are energized by using creativity and resourcefulness to solve problems
- Passion for justice You are eager to work for justice in the world by supporting a community in deepening their understanding of and response to racial and socioeconomic oppression. You believe in increasing access to Montessori for families of limited economic means and the transformative power of racially diverse learning communities
- Generosity of spirit – You live with kindness, work gently with others, and practice gratitude. You seek advice openly and are comfortable working in a non-hierarchical organization.
- A desire to learn - You are eager to stretch beyond your current experience to develop new skills and expertise and to more deeply explore your purpose and potential
- Driven by organization – You enjoy creating processes and systems, and engaging others in using those systems to make the everyday work easier and more streamline
- Comfort with ambiguity - you are comfortable with an organization that is evolving and learning from mistakes;change might be hard but it can be what is needed
- Growth Mindset - You view challenges as opportunities and are always open to learning
Our Partner, Teacher Engagement and Operations should have 3-5 years of professional experience
Additionally, we are looking for the following skill sets and experience:
- Previous work in driving national recruitment and marketing strategy with or within an equity-oriented education-related non-profit, school district, and/or community-based organizations required
- Experience with creating and managing data driven systems
- Adept at using data to drive decision making
- Experience as a leader in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment
- Comfortable creating new systems, processes, and ways of working together
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
This is a part time role that can be based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Bay Area, California or Massachusetts. In addition to a welcoming workspace centered on trust and autonomy, The Wildflower Foundation offers a competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits package along with 401(k) plan with employer matching as well as an well as an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. We trust all staff to set their own work schedules and determine when and how much time to take off.
The Wildflower Foundation offers a competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits package along with 401(k) plan with employer matching as well as an well as an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. We trust all staff to set their own work schedules and determine when and how much time to take off.
Minimum Education Required